Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After two suberb games for Brighton & Hove Albion he will anyday now sign a rest-of-the-season-contract with them. :)

He's way too good to be playing in the championship but he's in need of games and this will be a perfect way to get some.

Rami Shaaban, now 29 years old, have since his departure from the Arsenal side stayed in England where he and his family have a house close to his friends Freddie Ljungberg and Robert Pires. Together with his mates Freddie and Robby he has in his spare-time, which been all the time for almost a year now, been drinking coffee. "What are friends for" sad Freddie some time ago.
Rami's hope had been to sign for a Premier league club but as they all pulled out in the last second he thought the Seagulls would be a good solution considered he still had his house left in England.

Rami Shaaban sad in an official statement on the Seagulls website:
"I'm here to win the Premier League in three years time, with me in the team there's no turning back, now we're going up, up, up!"

The management sad they were thrilled to have Rami on board but couldn't quarentee winning the Premier League in three years time, or ever, but were glad Rami had such a positive and energic spirit.

Rami also stated he's nowadays a coffee-addict and was going to seek professionall help. Robby and Freddie sad they were happy to get him off their hands and stated they also would had to seek help for their coffein problems.

I wish Rami all the best in his new club and with his personal coffein-problems! :)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
My best of luck to Rami Shabaan. :star:

I'll never forget his performance in Olympico against AS Roma. A true Gunner with great spirit although his games with Arsenal is not more than 5 games and never complained.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
good luck to Rami, if he hadn't had that accident he would probably still be no,2 for us. :thumbsup:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Teamtalk Thursday, March 03, 2005:

Seagulls secure Shaaban

Brighton have agreed a deal to keep former Arsenal goalkeeper Rami Shabaan at the club until the end of the season.

The Swedish shot-stopper has impressed in two first-team appearances for the club - wins over Sunderland and Millwall - during a non-contract spell.

And manager Mark McGhee has moved quickly to ensure Shaaban will be at the Withdean for at least the remaining 11 games of the campaign.

From Teamtalk Friday, March 04, 2005:

Shaaban boost for Seagulls

Goalkeeper Rami Shaaban should make his first appearance as a contracted Brighton player at Stoke.

The former Arsenal stopper has signed until the end of the season after impressing in two first-team matches while with the club on a non-contract basis.

From ESPN soccernet.com:
Shaaban a Seagull till summer at least
Brighton have agreed a deal to keep former Arsenal goalkeeper Rami Shaaban at the club until the end of the season.

The 29-year-old Swede has impressed in two first-team appearances for the Cocoa-Cola Championship club - wins over Sunderland and Millwall - during a non-contract spell.

Manager Mark McGhee has moved quickly to ensure Shaaban will be at the Withdean for at least the remaining 11 games of the campaign.

'It's a good step for me - to get back playing - so it's good for both me and the club,' Shaaban told Brighton's official website.

'I want to be playing in the highest division. But first of all, I want to try to help Brighton to stay in the Championship.'

Shaaban enjoyed a short spell as the Gunners' first-choice goalkeeper in the 2001-02 season, but a broken leg curtailed his chances of making progress.

Hopefully he will impress enough to land himself a contract with a better club, perhaps with one of the divisison one (ehh, sorry, championship) clubs that gets promoted. Because as I've allready stated, he's way too good to be playing for the Seagulls but atleast it's better than nothing...

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rami Shaabans stats for the Seagulls so far:
3 games played, 2 victories, 1 defeat, a total of 3 goals conceded, 1 cleansheet.

In the last game came the first defeat,
Stoke City 2 - 0 Brighton

Both goals were scored on penalty by Gifton Noel-Williams so you can't really blame Rami...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts