Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my God, if what that article below says is true, than next year's F1 season is gunno be 10 times more interesting than this year's

taken from www.f1-live.com

Ralf Schumacher is to leave the Williams-BMW Formula One team and sign for Renault for next season, according to his manager.

Willi Weber told Tuesday's edition of Bild newspaper that he and the younger brother of six-time world champion Michael had agreed all the details with Renault supremo Flavio Briatore.

"We have agreed every point of the contract with Briatore," said Weber. "The signing of the contract is a mere formality."

Ralf, 28, has been unhappy at Williams for a while and even with the impending departure of Colombian team-mate Juan-Pablo Montoya at the end of the season for McLaren - and the expiry of his own contract - he is keen to leave.

Schumacher, winner of six races in 116 Grands Prix, had launched a broadside at the team's boss Frank Williams at the end of February over his ongoing contract negotiations.

"Even if me and my manager Willi Weber would find it hard to leave behind our friends at BMW, there's a chance it could happen. It would be sad but I can't allow myself to be treated like that by Williams," said Schumacher who finished fourth in the season opening Australian Grand Prix on Sunday.

"I'm not frustrated. But I find it hard to understand certain things that have happened these past few months." Schumacher claimed that Williams accused him of only being interested in money. "Frank Williams says I'm nothing but a money-grabber. I can only laugh at that. He knows that I would accept to cut my current salary in half," added Schumacher, who finished fourth in the drivers championship last season.

·
©
7,230 Posts
If this is true then Renault will be very strong next season. I guess we will see how good Alonso is.

Now both Williams seats will be empty. Who will fill them? Webber?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
R.Schumacher-Alonso double for Renault - fantastic for them :star:

Williams seats will be taken by probably Button and maybe Coulthard or they may take a risk on a rookie or something!!! Possibly Trulli, who knows???

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I don't think this might happen but if it really did what would it mean?

Mark Webber - Briatore' boy would never drive Renault and he would be free for anybody.

Trulli would go to a small team, huge disapponting for him.

Williams would need 2 drivers. I don't think that any of Gene and Pizzonia would have a chance. Williams would sign 2 of Button, Webber, Heidfeld, Coulthard :yuck:, Rosberg...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think Ralf will have a hard time finding a new team. Maybe Toyota wants him, but the rest of the teams that can offer him the salary he wants are full already.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
If Ralf does sign for Renault, then Williams will take 2 from Button, Webber and Gene.

I expect Coulthard will go to Toyota.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GaGa said:
Expect a Webber and Button partnership next year for Williams...;)
i second that also,
with possible 2005 line-ups like these:
McLaren: Raikkonen, Montoya
Renault: R. Schumacher, Alonso
Williams: Webber, Button

the question is, what's Ferrari gunno do
i mean Micheal is gunno retire soon, and with the 6 most promising drivers going to the other top teams, it seems to me the Ferrari Era is nearing its end

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I also think if Schumi wins another Championship he's out of here...

He has to leave on a high...if he leaves with a championship to any other driver, it will only will him on to give it another stab.

This is just my take...on it...

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Maybe all this Ralf Schumacher case is only a game of W. Weber for a better deal with Williams. Ralf hasn't signed yet for a new season but perhaps he wants to stay. This is just a lobby...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ferrari are smart and will know what to do, anyway, I would like to see Fisichella with Ferrari one day :cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
if its true 4 driver have a good chance of getting the drive for Williams Webber,Button(Very overated),Fisichella(my choice) and Scott Dixion( very good driver and even though he drives in IRL he actually doesnt like driving on ovals) i cant See Pizzonia or Gene geting the seat

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Deano said:
Ferrari are smart and will know what to do, anyway, I would like to see Fisichella with Ferrari one day :cool:
:eek: Fisichella is not good enough...

Personally I would have liked Montoya...but he is set for Mclaren so...the only other drivers are Raikkonen and Alonso...The latter being who I would go for if I had to pick.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GaGa said:
:eek: Fisichella is not good enough...
i second that :D

Personally I would have liked Montoya...but he is set for Mclaren so...the only other drivers are Raikkonen and Alonso...The latter being who I would go for if I had to pick.
if i'm not mistaken, both Raikkonen & Alonso are under contract, plus they both drive quality cars, so personally i don't see any reason for these 2 to move, having said that i'm predicting some conflict within McLaren next season, probably between Montoya & Raikkonen;)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Alarich said:
if i'm not mistaken, both Raikkonen & Alonso are under contract, plus they both drive quality cars, so personally i don't see any reason for these 2 to move, having said that i'm predicting some conflict within McLaren next season, probably between Montoya & Raikkonen;)
Well I think that if Ferrari don't find a driver for after Schumacher they will buy a driver out of his contract. Plus I'm sure Flavio is training Alonso up to be a future Ferrari driver. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts