Xtratime Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
This is an indirect insult to Gazidic. Maldini likely to stay too.
How will the office politic be from now on? We lost Zorro on the political play when he openly wash the dirty linen out.

I wish Elliot ask Gazidic to go. I can't stand the Arse model.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Scudetto
23,374 Posts
Whilst Pioli has done well, he is too "small time" to pull in some big names to the club.

I don't think he was given an extension due to his post-COVID performance though. He was signed because something did not work out with Ralf's negotiations.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Whilst Pioli has done well, he is too "small time" to pull in some big names to the club.

I don't think he was given an extension due to his post-COVID performance though. He was signed because something did not work out with Ralf's negotiations.
The one pulling the big names is Maldini. Of course there are some other factors to consider.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The table for the second half of the season. Its interesting to analysis how the hell we could be doing so well.

·
Registered
57,300 Posts
typical scenario for our dudes in Italy: plays 2 games as starters, then gets subbed in 4-5 times, then rest of season on bench and not subbed in, next season loan to Serie B, then loan to Serie C, then comes back to play for Diósgyőr, Zalaegerszeg or Budafok

so, better for all parts (Milan saves some 15 million €) if he stays at Salzburg one more year, or if it has to be now at all costs, moves to Leipzig

Italy = foci cemetary

bottom line, he is the only half-decent player we have atm, please don‘t burn him already at age 19

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, Szob can come talk to us when he's Zlatan's age (38)

Mods, if you want to close this jinx of a thread I won't hold it against you

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
I'm a bit lost re: Maldini... who would he support in this saga, and what type of direction for the club?

Anyway I am glad that Pioli is staying. You aren't exactly world beaters and are headed in the right direction with him. The players look like they are having fun and Ibrahimovic is probably really important as a leader for this young team.

I am not concerned about you not being able to attract big-time players. You should aim to get young players anyway and build a team for the future.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Gazidic yak alot lately. Wonder why...

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Could be a bullet dodged, but I think the idea behind the role is pretty interesting. As for full control, I always think managers should have a lot of it, at least, so I can't really blame Rangnick for asking wanting that. Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, etc. had very wide control during their most successful periods.

Anyway, looks like he's off to the EPL so we might be able to get an idea of how he works in a bigger club.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
In England are crazy about Germans after Klopp :D but seriously who would he train in England that is the same level as Milan name wise? Manchesters, Liv, Che even Totenham have all big names managers. So we will see him managing Southampton and see what he can do ;)

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
In England are crazy about Germans after Klopp :D but seriously who would he train in England that is the same level as Milan name wise? Manchesters, Liv, Che even Totenham have all big names managers. So we will see him managing Southampton and see what he can do ;)
Southampton already have Ralph Hasenhuttl. He is Austrian, but seems to be of similar style to all these gegenpress-loving Germans (Klopp, Tuchel, Rangnick, Nagelsmann, etc).

Unsurprising that English football has taken to these managers, as the style is very much in liking to how the English want to see football being played.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
I'm a bit lost re: Maldini... who would he support in this saga, and what type of direction for the club?
He'd like to wring the neck of Rangnick.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
What I didn't like about Ragnick is that he wanted a total control even to be the chief of the medical team, and more importantly he isnt even coaching at the moment and in the past has coached only in Germany... So all the necessary ingredients for a total failure.

I would understand to be a coach and to decide on transfers but this is too much.

As I said about Hakan the same applies to Pioli... Think his team is doing great because of no pressure and at the start of next season he will face a real challenge that I expect him to fail and be replaced by November ;)

So, good that we will have a little continuity with Pioli and Paolo, bad if we dont get the right reinforcements we will challenge for EL again next season.
i agree with you, recent form doesnt cover the fact the club needs a massive overhaul commercially, needs a non technical wiz director, and on the pitch we still need to invest to be CL worthy...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts