Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not official as far as I can see, it seems Ralf Rangnick is a done deal if reports are to be believed.

This is a good move because the club are doing something bold. That doesn't mean Rangnick is a guaranteed success, but it's a change in direction from what we have seen over the last few years.

Italian coaches of mediocre level have been the go-to for years now. Brocchi, Montella, Gattuso, Giampaolo, Pioli. Although these guys aren't exactly the same, it has been a similar approach by the management for some years now.

That also doesn't mean foreign = different, but in Rangnick we would be getting a very different coaching approach. But more importantly, it is reported that he will have a broader role; both coach and director. Sounds more akin to the 'manager' role, which is more common in the UK.

It may fail, but would rather the club go in a different direction than eventually replacing Pioli with another 'EL level at best' Italian coach.

·
Scudetto
23,366 Posts
Hopefully he'll have some money to spend. In the ideal scenario, he'll have a similar impact as Conte and Inter.

That said, the names that are being linked together with him aren't particularly exciting.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Everything is a speculation BUT these rumors arent very promising:
  • He hasnt coached in a while and is a director in Leipzig
  • Has only German experience and that is very different to the Serie A, and usually German teams have a bad record vs italian ones.
  • He wants to make Hakan the center of his project ... enough said. double facepalm
  • most of the players we are linked are young and unproven ... just like what we were doing until now...
if I would bet, I would bet for him to fail very quickly ... but of course would hope for the best ... bc that is all that has left of this team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts