Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Alexx, had put the post..but he deserves a TOPIC!:)
Although he has been a nightmare to alexx.:( and his brother was the dream to us:) But hten again, ovcer club rivalrly their ins the MAN Rai....and he is an example to many people for modesty and chracter:)
He won every single trophy except one......The Copa do Brasil that he lost sunday in the last minute!:)
He won the Paulista league 5 times, french league & cup, Brazilian championship once, Libertadores twice, toyota cup once, and the WC once...south american supercup once also. The guy won it all....and will be forever in the history of Sao Paulo Futebol Clube!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Funny you should post this. I was just going to ask what had become of him lately. I knew he played with Sao Paulo, but hadn't heard much. I saw him play against England in the 93 US Cup. He was a giant compared to all the other guys running around.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
yes. That's why no one really gives him any credit

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well in Sao Paulo they do give him credit..but he did flop in WC 94......he was always brilliant in the clubs but for Brazil he never played well:(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rai is one of the largest idols of Sao Paulo fans. Afterall, he did help them to their most important titles such as the libertadores and toyota cup. If any of you watch Sao Paulo games you might notice that everytime he is substituted and at the beginning of the game they always, quite enthusiasticly, shout out "Rai!!...Rai!!" And also the other day I was watching Globo esporte and they showed Rai arriving at the airport with hundreds of fans surrounding him, and a couple at the back were beating large drums, chanting "Fica Rai" (stay Rai). So although he might not be the largest of losses to Brasilian football in general he will be remembered dearly by Sao Paulo fans and as Ze mentioned, he is an example of modesty and charcter to many people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts