Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ajax star Rafael van def Vaart has confirmed he will be leaving the Amsterdam giants in the summer, and admitted he is desperate for a move to Barcelona.
The Dutch international indicated that a move to Spain would be his priority, and revealed that he had always followed the Catalan outfit.

Van der Vaart has received no official contact from Barca as yet, but his words are sure to alert the club to the possibility of luring him to Camp Nou.

When asked in an interview with Sport if this would be his last season at the Amsterdam ArenA, he responded: "It's certain.

"Personally I think I am ready to leave Holland to play in another big European team.

"I have spent almost three years at Ajax and I think it is time for me to go to another place.

"Who knows if Barcelona will be that team?

"My grandmother is a big Barcelona fan, and I've never denied that I feel very close to their colours.

"If I do go to Spain I hope it will be to play for Barcelona, it's a club that attracts me hugely.

"Up until now, (I have heard) nothing (from Barcelona). I will wait until the season ends and then see what happens.

"I only hope my dreams come true.

"The Spanish league is the most attractive to me and just a little bit behind is the English Premier League.

"In Spain there are many great teams, and the football is very spectacular.

"There's a lot of competition, unlike in Holland where there are only three or four strong teams.

"In Spain you have a Madrid packed with very good players, a very dangerous Deportivo, a spectacular Valencia, but I always side with Barcelona."

The 20-year-old confirmed that various clubs had been in contact with Ajax regarding his situation, but insisted he was still a long way from deciding his future.

"There is nothing formal. Yes, it's certain clubs have been in contact with my current team to ask about me, but there is nothing serious at the moment."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.