Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ajax star Rafael van def Vaart has confirmed he will be leaving the Amsterdam giants in the summer, and admitted he is desperate for a move to Barcelona.
The Dutch international indicated that a move to Spain would be his priority, and revealed that he had always followed the Catalan outfit.

Van der Vaart has received no official contact from Barca as yet, but his words are sure to alert the club to the possibility of luring him to Camp Nou.

When asked in an interview with Sport if this would be his last season at the Amsterdam ArenA, he responded: "It's certain.

"Personally I think I am ready to leave Holland to play in another big European team.

"I have spent almost three years at Ajax and I think it is time for me to go to another place.

"Who knows if Barcelona will be that team?

"My grandmother is a big Barcelona fan, and I've never denied that I feel very close to their colours.

"If I do go to Spain I hope it will be to play for Barcelona, it's a club that attracts me hugely.

"Up until now, (I have heard) nothing (from Barcelona). I will wait until the season ends and then see what happens.

"I only hope my dreams come true.

"The Spanish league is the most attractive to me and just a little bit behind is the English Premier League.

"In Spain there are many great teams, and the football is very spectacular.

"There's a lot of competition, unlike in Holland where there are only three or four strong teams.

"In Spain you have a Madrid packed with very good players, a very dangerous Deportivo, a spectacular Valencia, but I always side with Barcelona."

The 20-year-old confirmed that various clubs had been in contact with Ajax regarding his situation, but insisted he was still a long way from deciding his future.

"There is nothing formal. Yes, it's certain clubs have been in contact with my current team to ask about me, but there is nothing serious at the moment."
---------------------------------------------------------
good news.....i hope we will get him in the summer...but a lot of team want him too.....like manutd,ACmilan and even maybe chelski:yuck:

imagine this line'up:
----------------rustu----------
----gabri----marquez-----puyol------new player
----quaresma---motta-----v.der vaart------
--------------ronaldinho---------
----------saviola------kluivert (or new striker)

:star:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
We need players like him.

If he really joins us, I would like to see this lineup:

Code:
                    Kluivert
        VDV 
             Ronaldinho

Motta    New DM    Xavi

New LB  Marquez  New CB   Puyol 

Rüstu

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Andy Christ said:
We need players like him.

If he really joins us, I would like to see this lineup:

Code:
                    Kluivert
        VDV 
             Ronaldinho

Motta    New DM    Xavi

New LB  Marquez  New CB   Puyol 

Rüstu
too less offensive play sorry...if we get someone like Seedorf to partner with Xavi and Motta then maybe but not otherwise....besides we have like truckloads of wingers in the squad.,..foreign and local included...unbelievable really if we started playing this formation !

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Duth National team

just want you need another dutch player.

:rolleyes:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
husain_14 said:
too less offensive play sorry...if we get someone like Seedorf to partner with Xavi and Motta then maybe but not otherwise....besides we have like truckloads of wingers in the squad.,..foreign and local included...unbelievable really if we started playing this formation !
But most of these wingers are crap:tongue: Overmars was a great player once and is still quite good, but he ain't getting any younger(same goes for LE).Quaresma has lots of potential, but IMO he ain't ready yet to play regularly for a club like Barca.Luis Garcia is just plain average.Same about Geovanni (btw, have we just loaned him out or already sold him?).

So I wouldn't mind if we start to play without wingers.But of course it's not likely to happen.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Kluivert said:
Anywayz, the article is bullshit. I saw him on Dutch tv this sunday and he said he isn't certain to leave this summer at all.

Some reporter has a big thumb ;) :thumbdwn:
Very possible.The article really sounds too good to be true.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Andy Christ said:
But most of these wingers are crap:tongue: Overmars was a great player once and is still quite good, but he ain't getting any younger(same goes for LE).Quaresma has lots of potential, but IMO he ain't ready yet to play regularly for a club like Barca.Luis Garcia is just plain average.Same about Geovanni (btw, have we just loaned him out or already sold him?).

So I wouldn't mind if we start to play without wingers.But of course it's not likely to happen.
yea but how do u manage to get them off the squad within one season ? i mean all of them...no point in having them around if your not willing to use them in a formation at all you know....and with Cryuff pulling the strings im sure we wont ever be able to forget about wingers lol....so we got Overmars, Luis Garcia, Luis Enrique, Sergio Santamaria and Ricardo Quaresma...plus dont forget Sergio Hernandez or whatever his name is...the centre forward from the B team..didnt he start out as a winger too ?

Geovanni is on a 3 year loan to Benfica...his contract runs out in 3 years time plus we still pay some percentage of his wages...would be good if some team bought him from us before his loan runs out....

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
In this week's issue of Dutch magazine "Elsevier", there's an interview with VDV. A future abroad was discussed as well. He wants to go to Spain. EPL is another possibility, but definitely NOT serie A. As stated before: his grandparents are huge Barça-fans, so it would be a dream for him to play for us. Something else is that there would be a better chance for him to play every week with us than if he moves to Madrid. He quickly added he isn't afraid of the heavy competition he would face there at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2 days ago he told Ajax director vd eijden he wants to see out his contract (2006). It's been in every A'dam and NL newspaper and newsprogram.

I'm sure he will join Barca or Real in 2005 or 2006. But not after this season.

If he does... too bad. Another player to loose respect for.

Anyway. I personally don't believe he's ready yet.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
We'll see when he leaves....

In the same interview in Elsevier he said he was a huge fan of Romario, and therefore PSV....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I truelly believe VdV will come this summer to Barça!

AND before the critics begin: VdV isn't only dutch !! His grandmother is ...... Catalan !! and he is (since he started playing football) a true Barça fan !!

VdV a defender and a midfielder ... that would be great !!
and if Kluivert goes ... another striker too !!

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Knaepe said:
AND before the critics begin: VdV isn't only dutch !! His grandmother is ...... Catalan !! and he is (since he started playing football) a true Barça fan !!
If it is a problem he is Dutch, it is ok with me if you don't take him at all. :rolleyes:

He is DUTCH, stop the bullshit about his grandma please. He is as Dutch as Frank de Boer, Cocu and Zenden. Since when do people need an excuse to cover up for the fact that they are Dutch ffs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Prince-O said:
If it is a problem he is Dutch, it is ok with me if you don't take him at all. :rolleyes:

He is DUTCH, stop the bullshit about his grandma please. He is as Dutch as Frank de Boer, Cocu and Zenden. Since when do people need an excuse to cover up for the fact that they are Dutch ffs. :rolleyes:
I think that it is his mother who is Spanish. But I believe she is from Asturias or Andalucia, not Catalan.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
If both his grandparents are Spanish, his mother is Spanish as well, which means Rafael is half Spanish....
So yes, he's Dutch, but not like Frank de Boer :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts