• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 709 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least Marca says so in their print edition ( the report is not available in the web yet..):

http://www.marca.com/primeras/08/07/0710.html

Can anyone confirm that ? Atletico was interested in him, too but he snubbed their bid stating that he would leave Hamburg only for a real top club.
Or is this just Marca rubbish ? Anyway, would be a great move for him, though i don't really see him as a starter for Real..

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
IMO it only would make sense if Snejder is part of a deal for CRon but i hope it is the usual marca crap! :pp

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Can anyone confirm that ? Atletico was interested in him, too but he snubbed their bid stating that he would leave Hamburg only for a real top club.
LOL last year Valencia was his dream club and they almost relegated. So real top club is relative for him. :D Haha. I guess end of the season he was glad the transfer didnt work out. :pp

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
this seems pretty serious, so i wont merge it. article from Marca:

-----------------------

Real Madrid has already agreed the signing of Van der Vaart
Real Madrid in the next few days could complete the signing of a player of great quality, and it isnt Cristiano Ronaldo (hilarious). According to this newspaper, reporting exclusively this Thursday, Ramo Calderon has signed Van der Vaart. The first 'bomb' of the summer could see the Dutch footballer of spanish descent (really?) dressed in white.

The agreement between real madrid and Van der vaart could be complete in the next few days and the Maadrid club will negotiate the transfer with Hamburg with which the player has a contract with till June 2010. A Dutch international with 44 caps, played six seasons at Ajax before playing for this current club in 2005, playing 74 matches and scoring 29 goals.

--------------------------

do we really need him? is DLR not good enough?

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Please god, don't let this happen.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Guti's replacement. :relieved:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
do we really need him? is DLR not good enough?
Of course we don't need him. Everything he posses, our team already have. If we need some player, that is player who would suit at right wing and nothing else. He is attacking midfield and we don't need that kind of player. We already have similar players to him and that's Guti and Sneijder and the last one is even better then him. If the board thinks that he would play on the LW, that's also nonsense. Robben and Robinho are there and I would even rather give chance to Drenthe, then him. He wouldn't be any kind upgrade to our team. IMO

Why don't they just buy Quaresma and we all would be very happy and set for the next season!?

·
Registered
561 Posts
i hope he doesn't join either. Madrid don't need him and he's too good to be wasted on wrong positions or the bench.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I doubt it. Everyone knows that almost all our transfer budget will be spent on Ronaldo. That doesn't leave much money to sign other players beside DLR and Garcia.

I think it's a planted report by Hamburg to pressure Atletico to raise their bid.

Anyway i don't think we need him (DLR is good enough) and i don't want us to sign another Dutch player. It's not good having too many players from one foreign country, it can create camps inside the team.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I knew that Calderon would sign a player we don't need at all, because he couldn't get Cristiano. :(

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
HSV is rejecting all rumours and they have (up to now) never been contacted by Real. I dont really see why we should sign him, when having Sneijder here.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
It could all just be a plot to let Man Utd know "if you play hardball we'll just go for other targets, you're the ones that will be left with an unhappy player".

I don't think so though, for some reason I think we've actually signed him. Perhaps our long-term Guti replacement, but why not Diego?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
my first thoughts were that Robinho was on his way to Chelsea

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
It could all just be a plot to let Man Utd know "if you play hardball we'll just go for other targets, you're the ones that will be left with an unhappy player".

I don't think so though, for some reason I think we've actually signed him. Perhaps our long-term Guti replacement, but why not Diego?
Yeah, I also think we've signed him. :doh: That's a huge mistake, because van der Vaart is not a central midfielder. Diego wouldn't be a Guti replacement either, because Sneijder will keep his place in the midfield and that's the reason why we should have bought a CM like Modric or Moutinho. :(

I read that van der Vaart would be extremely cheap next summer, that's why HSV will sell him now.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I don't think so though, for some reason I think we've actually signed him.
Where the **** is he going to play?

If he come, he's going to compete with Sneijder, Guti, De La Red, Robinho, Robben, Higuain for the spots and I find all of them better then him, exepct Pipita. He's going to be a bench player and nothing more, because he is not better then those palyers. This is stupid signing!

Maybe our board don't want to bring Q this year on RW position, because they will try their luck next season again with Ronaldo, if not next season then in two...? We all know probably they are going to get him next season again, so if they buy Q now, what to do with him and Ronaldo after 2008/09 ends? There is no place for both. I don't know, but I somehow see they're saving that RW position for CR, when he come in next 2-3 season. Until then they won't buy any world class name for that place.

Or this is again just Marca bullshit...they must write something new to full people, because Cristiano thing is realy starting to bore fans acros the world.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
a very good replacement for Guti and would be a very good signing

the only thing is that I heard that he is too injury prone

1 - 20 of 709 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.