Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you rate this guy ??. I loved him since we signed him, however a first "not too good" season with Barca, i still kept faith in him. After his great season with Barca this term, i think we are seeing the real Rafael Marquez which excites me.

How far do you thing this player can go world renound wise? do you think he can be considered one of the best defenders in the world if he continues this progress? or even do you think he is world class now?

Opinions please guys

·
Registered
461 Posts
Marquez is rigid and solid defensive player, but that's not all to his game.He's physical ,aerial,offensive sometimes too.All he needs a littel finshing touch to be the among the best in the liga becuase he's very adventurous player.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Due we prefer him in the center back spot or the defensive mid postion.

Edmilson & Marquez are both capable of playing either psotion.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
just a dirty player, can´t stand how he has to step on someone after a challenge. Have seen him make countless unfair challenges and get away with it. Him and Beletti.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Due we prefer him in the center back spot or the defensive mid postion.

Edmilson & Marquez are both capable of playing either psotion.
Since when did Marquez play for Melbourne Victory? :embarass:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
numerodix said:
I always had doubts whether he's good enough for Barcelona. Same for Edmilson actually.
Edmilson did not have much chance to show if he's good enough, since he was banned the first match of La Liga and the first match in the Champions League and got injured shortly afterwards..

Marquez on the other hand has proven his worth through his versatility. He has been playing as a defensive midfielder most of the season while he is actually a central defender. And he has been quite well, better than an other midfielder tried at that position called Gerard.

He might not be a 'world class' defender, but I am thankful he is at our club right now. It would be a dream to see a real world class defender next to Puyol though, but the names that are circling around in the Barcelona press, (Milito, Heitinga, Gonzalo) do not impress me. Only Kompany and Gallas would be improvements on Marquez.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts