14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it is official

I am a fool

Could somebody put this in the Barca forum

V

·
0 Posts
I still think he is a fantastic defender, in potential, one of the world top 10 central defenders.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Koeman4 said:
That is what makes me sick.
Personally I don't believe in Quaresma, nor in Luis Garcia. I believe in Ronaldinho. I have a question mark on Marquez and Rustu, and no idea about Mario :D.

D

·
0 Posts
Class defender IMO. Potentially the best in La Liga. Should be played.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
bear in mind, at the start of the season he started criticising the coach and talking about how his "dream" move to madrid the previous season was foiled by them purchasing ronaldo, tosser

·
Registered
967 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Personally I don't believe in Quaresma, nor in Luis Garcia. I believe in Ronaldinho. I have a question mark on Marquez and Rustu, and no idea about Mario :D.
quaresma doesnt pass, luis garcia should be at a club like valladolid he plays o.k sometimes like rustu and marquez, mario was terrible against malaga

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
I think Marquez and Puyol should be our CD. I like Márquez, but he needs to play more.

Quaresma needs time. I think he has good skills, but he must improve. I'd give him some confidence. He has not play much.

Luis García, he played well during November and, suddenly, he disappeared. At least he's from "la casa" and it is better to have Luis García's than Geovanni's. We should look for someone in his place though.

Rustu, I am very doubtful about him afte those 2 matches. He's very nervous. The pressure of the press is really big. Valdés will play soon.

Mario? Who's Mario?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Marquez to me has terrible positioning for a centre back. I see him countless times running up to right midfield to make a tackle when hes in defence. He also seems like a clumsy tackler similar to Christanval to me. However I would play him ahead of Cocu at centreback although I would like to see Mario given another chance. Remember in the game against Malaga he had to make do with Cocu and not Puyol partnering him and Cocu was so bad he left Mario in it alot.

Quaresma, I see potential. However he needs to be playing and with full support from the manager (i mean substituting at the half by Santamaria would demotivate anybody) if we are going to see anything out of him.

Rustu, great reflexes but I like Valdes and would prefere to see him play. He was unjustly dropped in the first place and gives much more confidence with his feet, which we need with Rijkaards football.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Maz said:
Marquez to me has terrible positioning for a centre back. I see him countless times running up to right midfield to make a tackle when hes in defence. He also seems like a clumsy tackler similar to Christanval to me. However I would play him ahead of Cocu at centreback although I would like to see Mario given another chance. Remember in the game against Malaga he had to make do with Cocu and not Puyol partnering him and Cocu was so bad he left Mario in it alot.

Quaresma, I see potential. However he needs to be playing and with full support from the manager (i mean substituting at the half by Santamaria would demotivate anybody) if we are going to see anything out of him.

Rustu, great reflexes but I like Valdes and would prefere to see him play. He was unjustly dropped in the first place and gives much more confidence with his feet, which we need with Rijkaards football.
Is Marquez that bad? I haven't been able to see the last games by Barça when he was used as centerback.

About Quaresma, I only see in him dribbling skills and pace. The rest of his game is terrible.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Is Marquez that bad? I haven't been able to see the last games by Barça when he was used as centerback.

About Quaresma, I only see in him dribbling skills and pace. The rest of his game is terrible.
Personally im not inspired from what i see. He dives in sluggishly like Christanval and his positioning is terrible. Running up into midfield positions to make tackles that he should be going for.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Angel_Culé said:

No, in the last few games he was not that bad. I think it is just a matter of adjusting, and to be honest he hasn't gotten many matches to adjust...

Every time Quaresma has the ball, three defenders flock him. The reason the do that is because they are sure he will dribble and not pass... Every single time...
I heard some advice a coach gave to one of his wingers that also had this problem:
If you pass the ball more often, then your dribbles will be that much more effective, because the defender wont see it coming.

Some good advice that I think Quaresma should take...
No doubt the kid's got talent. Let's hope he uses it well...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Marquez fouls alot . I don't rate him that high. He could get better ..time will tell
Quarasma needs to mature and he is still adapting to a new league , give him sometime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
in my opinion.. quaresma is overrated in the first place,,, he's actually quite bad... well no doubt he's a good dribbler and pacy,, but his crosses and passes and observations r extremely bad :stress:

he's like a twin of cristinao ronaldo from man u to me....... very similar.... there are many areas he needs to improve... to be a worldclass playa like figo,, dribbling is not enough... ;)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Tyson said:
in my opinion.. quaresma is overrated in the first place,,, he's actually quite bad... well no doubt he's a good dribbler and pacy,, but his crosses and passes and observations r extremely bad :stress:

he's like a twin of cristinao ronaldo from man u to me....... very similar.... there are many areas he needs to improve... to be a worldclass playa like figo,, dribbling is not enough... ;)
He reminds me Zenden. It's ridiculous to compare Quaresma with Figo. Figo easily scores 10 years per season, he assists lots of goals and his effort, especially some years ago, was bigger. Quaresma is still far away from Figo.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
He has been pretty bad. He mistackles and is out of position. When he has the ball, he is plain terrible, lacking any sort of vision to play the ball forward. He makes more bad pasess with no pressure on than any other cule and that includes Rustu.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
barça said:
He has been pretty bad. He mistackles and is out of position. When he has the ball, he is plain terrible, lacking any sort of vision to play the ball forward. He makes more bad pasess with no pressure on than any other cule and that includes Rustu.
To think Marquez was on the list of defenders I wanted for Milan. :rolleyes: He sounds more like another Martin Laursen than a possible partner for Nesta when Maldini retires. I'm glad you made this discovery and not us, although I don't suppose you're quite so happy about that. :)

1 - 20 of 135 Posts