Xtratime Community banner

who is the better coach?

• Total voters
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,688 Posts
Mazzarri or Benitez??? Does it even matter at this point??
They both ****ing suck. Both have coached said teams and both have done ****ing nothing. Honestly, what a waste of time.

Neither is ANTONIO CONTE.
Why is Antonio Conte the benchmark? :drunk:

Conte isn't even up there with Mancio yet.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if Benitez wins the Europa league with Napoli he knows how to win in Europe&trophies:tongue:.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'll leave Benitez to ToniSamp.

In the meantime, with 45m euros spent on new players and without the 12 additional matches Stramaccioni had in EL, Mazzarri won 1 point less than Strama had at this point last year (after 31 rounds).

·
Registered
45,416 Posts
45m spent for the wrong players (bar Hernanes).
That said:
1- Stramaccioni's Inter finished with 54 points. Mazzarri has 7 games left in order to do better, that means 6 ties and 1 defeat.
2- Stramaccioni's Inter had 16 defeats. It's true that 1 win in 3 games is like 3 ties, but losing 16 times is definitely bad for a club with the tradition of Inter.
3- what matters in the end is the position in the standings. Right now Inter would gain the EL spot Inter missed in the past season.
4- I hope Sampdoria overcome Inter and get the EL spot.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
healthy milito margarit, healthy milito . Stramacioni collected all his points when Milito as healthy in first part, when Milito went out stramacioni lost the plot. Mazzarri is doing whole alot better without milito.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
But Mazzarri has had a far more stable team + no europa league to worry about either + Strama went to the semi's in the coppa, all in all more games with an inferior squad with plenty of off-the-field problems like Sneijder being frozen out of the team ect ect, which cant have been healthy for the overall squad harmony either.

Stramaccioni was a joke who completely lost the plot, but atleast he has his inexperience to use as an excuse. Whats Mazzarris excuse for the lack of progress? He has had far better working conditions, better squad harmony, better players, less games to worry about. He messed up and got rid of Cassano, requested the wrong players bar hernanes and we are seeing the inexcusably predictable mass cross nonsense game after game.

The fact that we are even talking about any comparison between him and Stramaccioni speaks volumes. Strama is the worst of the worst, rock bottom, absolute zero, so if you are even being compared to him at this late stage of the season then you cant possibly have done a great job, it would be a very contradicting statement.

If he manages to finish 5th, then it would be the absolute minimum of the expectations. Failed to beat any of the top 3. Another derby win would be a good way to finish the season though. The biggest concern with Mazzarri though, is his insistence of primarily playing through the wing and crossing with a group of players that would clearly do better focussing through the center or atleast a more balanced approach.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
So far so good I only dislike the formation rafa uses but the mazzarri 5 3 2 isn't any better.
What are your particular quarrels with Benitez' formation? I personally like it because it looks potent offensively but I imagine it makes the team leak more goals.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
Exactly! We need to strengthen our defense and midfield and then we will see some good football!
That is actually an interesting topic of conversation (if it bores you, I hope to attract other interlocutors, but cool if you continue). Current football is in a bizarre situation in which wingers are forwards more than midfielders, which is unlike the previous days of 4-4-2. In this same vein, these wing forwards are more skilled but less physical and defensive than their midfield historical counterparts.

On the other hand, if you take a team like Napoli, it seems like their best offensive players would need the numbers they currently have to be potent offensively (I feel the same about Roma), because those offensive players are not world class. So Benitez kind of has to make a trade-off in my opinion. I personally like the compromise he's taken because I much prefer 4-2-3-1 over 4-3-3 as a formation, and indeed, it seems like 4-4-2 is all but alive.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts