Xtratime Community banner

who is the better coach?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the better coach? In the summer I thought Benitez, now I dont know. Benitez won lot trophies, Mazzarri will probably never win in his life. But Benitez coached better teams.

What you all think?

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Benitez has already done worse than Mazzarri with a team which has been strengthened badly when compared to the one of Mazzarri and with the players Benitez wanted. Out of the Champions League after the group stage and never in contention for the scudetto.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benitez had easier group then Mazzarri had, and a better napoli team.
I mean this dortmund team has so many injuries, they are hanging for CL spot barely now. How do you lose 3 - 1 to them?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
:confused: A Man City team led by Mancini (I hope this is self-explanatory) vs. Dortmund (who are very shorthanded in defense, true) led by Klopp, one of the best coaches at the moment. Napoli were the first team to not progress with 12 points. You guys aren't giving Napoli enough credit. It's just unfortunate that they didn't progress. After all, they were one goal away from reaching the round of 16.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Benitez has already done worse than Mazzarri with a team which has been strengthened badly when compared to the one of Mazzarri and with the players Benitez wanted. Out of the Champions League after the group stage and never in contention for the scudetto.
In all fairness Napoli got 12 points in a very tough group. That would make them advance in about 90% of the groups throughout CL history. I wouldn't hold that against Benitez, he has other more obvious shortcomings.

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Manchester City (with or without Mancini) > Arsenal
Bayern > Dortmund

and last but not least

Napoli 2012/13 < Napoli 2013/14

whether it was a matter of luck or not, Mazzarri went through and Benitez didn't

·
Registered
437 Posts
Napoli's performances in this years' CL were probably better than anything any Serie A team has done in this competition since Inter's winning season, so :nono: at using it against Benitez. Mazzarri is of course also great.

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Napoli's performances in this years' CL were probably better than anything any Serie A team has done in this competition since Inter's winning season, so :nono: at using it against Benitez.
No, but contrarily to Juve they have left the competition with honor. De Laurentiis would have prefered a shameful qualification to the following round though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
No, but contrarily to Juve they have left the competition with honor. De Laurentiis would have prefered a shameful qualification to the following round though.
A good performance is a better guarantee for the future than luck. I have nothing against Mazzarri he is a great coach, but why this short-sighted evaluations, when it is clear that Napoli were unlucky.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Spot on with Napoli any other given time 12pts would've been suffice to progress through:smileani:.They leave this years CL very honourably,it wouldn't put it past me to see Benitez win either or both of say the Coppa Italia&EL:smileani:.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
I'm liking Napoli's system this year. It complements well the players they have.

Of course, Napoli has a better squad, so I wouldn't want to make unfair comparisons, but I don't feel like Mazzari's Inter could progress any further, especially when I take into consideration Juve's current stagnation with 3-5-2.

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Ok so…Benitez 1 - 0 Mazzarri. On the head to head anyway. Inter was just dominated last night. They also suck.
it was like a Ferrari vs a FIAT 600. Benitez's Napoli is on paper much stronger than Mazzarri's Napoli while Mazzarri has pretty much Stramaccioni's Inter. If you consider that there were 24 points between Napoli and Inter in the past season you have all the elements you need in order to state that it is unfair a comparison. BTW Inter had almost equalized before Tagliavento sent off Alvarez so it is not as if Benitez was giving a tactical lesson to Mazzarri.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Well Mazzarri is proving to be rubbish at Inter, one trick pony and very very stubborn.

I hope Inter never gets an italian coach again, ever.

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Well Mazzarri is proving to be rubbish at Inter, one trick pony and very very stubborn.

I hope Inter never gets an italian coach again, ever.
blame Moratti or his family who has not allowed him to spend like a fool any more

Handanovic - excellent, random blunders
Campagnaro - aging
Ranocchia - a fool
Rolando - a fool
Jonathan - performs with Mazzarri, before he looked like a fool
Nagatomo - you should know what is good and what is bad about him
Cambiasso - aging
Guarin - a fool
Taider - not good enough
Alvarez - performs with Mazzarri, before he looked like a fool
Palacio - good but should not be the one forward

alternatives

Juan Jesus - meh!
Samuel - aging, always injured
Chivu - lol
Zanetti - 40 yo!
Pereira - lol
Mudingayi - lol
Kovacic - green, unready
Icardi - busy with Maxi's wife
Milito - aging, always injured
Belfodil - lol

do you pretend Mazzarri to do better than Juventus, Napoli, Roma and Fiorentina with this team?
Now let's see if Thohir gives him a proper team, without fools and hasbeens.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
I expected Mazzarri to somehow make improvements, we havent seen that. He is a stubborn one trick pony without a plan B and other teams have already seemingly already figured him out.

Stramaccioni, a total moron, who had coached professionaly for half a season had 6 points more at this stage than Mazzarri has now with a team that was atleast just as bad.

I thought Mazzarri was supposed to a good coach who could make his players gell and player above, or atleast to, potential. We havent any signs of that. He made the team better in some regards and worse or equally bad in others. Not exactly what i would expect from a good coach.

Actually if Inter doesnt beat Milan in the derby, it will be the lowest amount of points Inter have collected in the first 17 games before christmas since 04/05.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts