Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=371400&CPID=8&clid=&channel=skysports_home_page

Sky Sports News understands that Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool.

The Reds boss is believed to have ended speculation as to his future by setting the seal on a new one-year extension to his existing contract.

Real Madrid were reportedly hoping to tempt Benitez back to Spain, although those ambitions now look to have been thwarted.

According to reports from his native country, the Spaniard will now remain at Anfield until 2010.

More to follow...
YAY!! :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
In Rafa we trust ...Hooya

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
3/17/2006 4:07 AM

Benitez Ready to Commit to Liverpool

Rafael Benitez intends to be the managr at Liverpool manager for years to come, after holding discussions with the Premiership club about a new contract.
There has been speculation in recent weeks that interest from the likes of Real Madrid could tempt Benitez away rom Anfield.

But the former Valencia boss is now expected to finalise details soon on a one year extension to his existing contract, which would effectively be a new four-year deal with a substantial raise following last May's European Cup success.

Rafa also expects Liverpool to be able to mount a genuine bid to win the Premiership within the next few seasons.

To help realise that objective will require a further significant injection of cash for team strengthening, meaning that chief executive Rick Parry will be seeking major investors, especially as the club's number one priority is to build a new stadium in Stanley Park. Parry is thought to be close to acquiring the level of investment needed.

Benitez said: "I want to stay here to win trophies here. I have not talked to the club about any demands, we will work and try to do our best to sign the best players.

"We all have the same idea. They know we need to improve and to find investors. They are working and I have confidence in them.

"If we have some more investors, okay, but we cannot talk too much about this because I know the club are working on this.

"We are also working now on the players that we need. I have had support and I want to respond to that, we will continue to grow because I am very happy here and can see the level of support from the fans.

"I will be here a lot more years, we are talking about the future, but at this moment just talking. We are close to agreements and I want to finish this speculation by saying I want to stay and I am happy here."

Regarding the reported interest from Real Madrid and Internazionale of Milan, Benitez commented: "When you are at a big club and win the Champions League it is normal that big clubs not only talk about players but also the manager.

"But my relationship with people in the club is fantastic and we will try to do our best to help the club grow.

"I am clear, I will stay here. Next year, maybe more, a lot of years. I am really focused on winning games and improving my team.

"I know that if we have more money it will be better, but if we do not have more money then we have to work harder with the scouting department.

"Me and all the managers in the world would like to see a lot of money for buying players but in this case I have never demanded anything.

"I want to improve and the board think the same way. The same as the supporters.

"We cannot talk a lot, we prefer to work. There are exciting times ahead. I must be positive in my thinking about the future. When I decided to come to Liverpool, it was because it was a big club fighting for titles.

"We have won two [Champions League and European Super Cup] and we will try to improve to win more. We will work harder and do our best for the future.

"The Premier League can be the target for the next season, that will be difficult for sure but that is our idea."

He added: "I do not know how far we are away from being able to challenge Chelsea, I only want to think about the next game and we will see about next season.

"Can we win the Premiership? That depends on Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and maybe Tottenham, they are all good teams.

"But we will progress and we will be more determined next season, for sure.

"I am proud when big clubs talk about me, I must be doing something right. But I want be here and win trophies here with my club."

goal.com

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
This is Liverpool s best news from this year
Now WIN US the FA CUP RAFA

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
This is Liverpool s best news from this year
Now WIN US the FA CUP RAFA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts