Xtratime Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
70,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Romania has to be a team capable of alternating 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Depending of the form of our players or the style/quality of the rival, we should adapt to one scheme or the other.

To prepare a team for the WC campaign, Ionut Radu has to be called as GK. Enough with the Nita joke (this was a caprice from Radoi, but a bad message in his list). Tata and Radu both have to be there. Radu is, as well, a leader for the young generation, don't forget that.

Chiriches, Nedelcearu and a promoted Pascanu are clear options as CBs. Maybe Burca or Grigore as 4th option and/or Tosca, Ghita or Rus after him. But the 3 main CBs have to be Chiriches, Nedelcearu and Pascanu.

As RB, Manea has to settle. Maybe Balasa is a decent defensive RB and Hanca a decent offensive RB. In any case, here the U21 team has something to offer. Depending of their progress, Boboc, Ratiu, Harut or Vladoiu can make the step.
Very important to make of Manea a reliable international player.

As LB, more doubts. Camora only offers short term solutions. With all his imperfections, I think Bancu is really the first option. I'd keep a vigilant eye on Florin Stefan (maybe he's more balanced than Bancu) and Cristi Ganea in Greece. Maybe Pantiru too.

In midfield, we have to learn something from the last defeats. A pure DM like Cretu doesn't offer more security than Razvan Marin. So until we find someone better for that job, Marin has to play there. In a 4-2-3-1, I'd play Marin-Cicaldau in midfield. I say it loud and clearly. I'd insist one time, and another time, and another time with them. It's time to give some identity to this team. Maybe T.Baluta can be an option soon or even Ov.Popescu, Nedelcu or Oaida.
In a 4-3-3 we have players like Stanciu, Maxim, Cicaldau and soon Olaru to play next to Marin or a natural DM. The midfield against Austria (Maxim, Marin and Stanciu) didn't do bad. I think our problem wasn't there. Who knows if Dragomir, Morutan or Ciobanu can become options too. FCSB use Florin Tanase in that line btw.
As offensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, we have multiple options, mainly Ianis and Mitrita. And yes, I'd include Tanase too if all the rest of options fail (at least he offers chemistry with the wingers, something we totally lacked in the last matches). Stanciu and Maxim considered there too.

RW has to be Man. Enough with Deac and enough with Iancu in that position. After Man, I'd try Rotariu, Sorescu or Paun. Even Maxim was a better option than playing there with Deac. Ianis isn't a winger, but he can play there in a 4-3-3. Radoi must accept his failure in this position and learn from the mistakes.

LW has to be Coman. In theory, Mitrita after him, but Mihaila will have something to say too I hope. If Coman and Mihaila can play together is something we'll discuss about in the next months/years. We'll see the progress of Dragus too. As last options you can try Maxim, Paun or Tanase there.

As striker, not many options for the moment: Alibec, Puscas, Andone if he recovers, Iancu (as striker or SS, not as RW), maybe Adi Petre if he starts scoring...
Against minor teams or in emergency moments we can play with 2 wingers and 2 forwards (an offensive variation of 4-2-3-1).

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
I mostly agree with what you are saying here. Personally I'm not a big fan of the 4-3-3 given our current players. LB clearly a big problem.

I'm also personally not for Mitrita as #10. He is the 2nd option at LW for me. After Coman. For me, #10 is Ianis and again Ianis. Maxim as 2nd option. Or first if Ianis can only play for a team which dominates the game...

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
I see Maxim has lost ground for both of you? Currently I pick him over Ianis.

Regarding the defence, we need consistency. Maybe it's not that much an individual problem as a chemistry one, at least for the level we are in. Sadly we can't count on Chiriches, so we need another pair that starts getting experience. Tamas-Goian or Ghionea for example worked because they got dozens of games together

Burca-Grigore or Burca-Nedelcearu could work IMO. It would be interesting to test Pascanu, at least against average teams. Our CD needs confidence.

Manea on the right would be the best. There are many young kids that can come after, but again, we need time.
LB...is Pantiru that bad defensively? Offensively he is a machine. Clearly we need to try options. Him or Stefan to begin with

I think Having Cretu helped, for example he cleared.many balls in our box as a CD does. DK if Marin can do that. A destroyer is important. It would be great if Marius Marin can become an option. He has all the basixs of the position. Baluta too, it'll depend on how he does for DK

As Gica says, we need a team that plays together on a regular basis. That was another feature of the U21 that helped. You could tell the team beforehand, there were only few doubts.

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
I have some doubts about Ianis but he could play for another 10 years. Maxim could make it to Euro '24 at the longest. But Maxim might be more motivated to reach WC 22. Maxim always seemed to give his best, even when he didn't play for his club.

I don't understand why Ianis has done so little for the NT so far. He seems more like a Budescu than anything else, complains about having to run... not good signs.

And a standard formula is a good idea, but what can you do when Chiriches is out half the time and our players can't even handle 2 games in 3 days, nevermind 3? Need more physical training IMO.

Burca - Nedelcearu is worth trying. Grigore? He's gonna be 36 by the next final tournament, there's no point in playing him anymore.

Squad:

Tatarusanu
Radu
3rd GK (Vlad? Lazar?)

Manea
RB #2 (Boboc? Balasa?)
Chiriches
Burca
Nedelcearu
Pascanu
LB #1 & #2 (Bancu/Pantiru/Stefan/Ganea?)

R. Marin
Destroyer (M. Marin? T. Baluta? Cretu? Ov. Popescu?)
Stanciu
Cicaldau
Maxim
Hagi

Coman
Mitrita
Man
Andone
Puscas
Alibec

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
The problem with Ianis is that he doesn't do the defensive tasks well. He only seems to shine when he's given mostly offensive tasks and space, which against strong opponents isn't very realistic. So far, Maxim is better than him.

I think our future is bright, despite the bad October we had. There seem to be a lot of options for the future, except in the striker's position.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Could we try Boboc LB at this level?
Not yet IMO. Clearly there' s a big jump from one level to the other. The stars from last year struggle for the seniors and only give signs of being ready for that level (Puscas, Manea, glimpses from Coman, Ianis and Cicaldau)

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Many stupid things are said these days, but this one makes sense to me

Marcel Puscas said that Man has to be with the seniors and it is Hagi or
Coman who should help the U21.

IMO Ianis has strong competition for the seniors and he isn't doing well yet. Maxim, Stanciu, Mitrita, even Iancu can play there. But we don't have a RW

Ianis would help the U21 a lot with his experience and class. If Coman comes back, he'll probably won't have many games on him, so it would make sense for him to play against Denmark

But Man has to be with the seniors

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Ianis should be a professional and realize the importance of the game, especially if Coman also goes there with him. He's literally been benched for the seniors and for Rangers now, he should focus on improving himself, not reacting badly

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Haha well as Hagibest says, Ianis must be humble and accept he is not a key player for the seniors yet, but can help the U21 on a key game. He could play in the Euro if they qualify, now that the seniors are out.

And it would be a good move to help both teams

Man is probably our most in form player overall, so it would not make sense to leave him with the U21 when the seniors are in such a crisis

41 - 54 of 54 Posts