Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,225 Posts
Experience can be his only problem. Then, a NT that has many problems is his task. That being said, he is the most promising coach we've seen in a long time. He made many miracles at the helm of the U21. He plays the football we like, with a winning mentality

I hate that he has no games to prepare the Iceland game. A bad start can be terrible for a young coach. But if he is allowed to work, I think we can have a strong NT again

·
Registered
69,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He debuted at the U21 in Portugal. It wasn't an easy debut either and got the win. Maybe he's made for this kind of challenges.
I want a solid and energic Romania at least. Agressive with and without the ball.

·
Registered
16,225 Posts
He debuted at the U21 in Portugal. It wasn't an easy debut either and got the win. Maybe he's made for this kind of challenges.
I want a solid and energic Romania at least. Agressive with and without the ball.
Yes. He managed that with the U21 in few months. A team ready to fight but also to play. We often saw a clear plan. At the Euro, on the highest European level, the team could attack but also make deadly counters. He took the best out of his players. There were also periods where the team seemed to crush, that could be due to their lack of experience

If he can handle the pressure and the jump in demands, I'm sure the team will look good in time. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to do it with the seniors. But on his first game, away and being decisive, it's as you say, we can at least expect a good line up with great motivation

I wonder how he'll handle players like Budescu and Alibec

·
General Iordanescu
28,412 Posts
It's hard to know what to think. But one thing is clear, he will connect to at least half the squad better than Contra did. Stanciu praised him, as did the U21s. So the atmosphere will be better... which usually means better football. Will it be enough to qualify to Euro 2020..? I dunno. That Iceland game will be insanely hard, in probably insane conditions.

He wants Dica as 'secund'.

He will also train the Olympic team.

I'm sure he will sign the contract, which 'will not be short term', i.e. at least 2 years according to Burleanu.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Thing is, Radoi we know is not a dumb guy. He's also had the most success of any Romanian player outside of Chivu in the past decade. He does know how to win, his resume is very positive.

Dica is a good fit because he was the only player for Steaua (small team in CL) that always put the game on his shoulders. Maybe he can inspire them.

Remember that goal off his chest, volleyed into corner? He was unreal.

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Bar his lack of experience, Radoi is an excellent choice. One thing he seems to do is to field players who are in shape, which is something we haven't always done.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Bar his lack of experience, Radoi is an excellent choice. One thing he seems to do is to field players who are in shape, which is something we haven't always done.
Didn’t Piturca do the same selecting guys like Cocis and even Nicolita who were technically limited but also had “good engines” (as Claudiu put it)? But maybe that isn’t the best example considering the players we had then and now, and the different tactical approaches.

Having very fit, physically strong, quick, and determined players is indeed a good thing and it’s important to have such players for the modern game, not just technique and football IQ. But unless some of our players continue to improve their form and play more in the next months (and even then), he’s gonna have a hard time. Aside from some of the younger players, it’s very difficult for some of these players to make such changes even with a good regiment from Radoi whenever the national team gets together, it has to be done properly at club level for months to years and takes determination/desire. Not many of our current players fit this profile at the moment.

We need to develop true athletes, not just lazy and weak technical players. That focus needs to happen at grassroots levels and in professional youth teams and academies like Hagi’s, as well as our Liga I clubs’ training facilities and methods for their senior sides.

Guys like Budescu and Alibec also struggle in that way, Coman and Mitrita don’t do enough in terms of tracking back and pressing hard either, give up easily on a play.. but there is hope yet. Though Contra usually picked pretty good squads, his lineups were pretty shit in comparison, and I think Radoi would definitely improve on that aspect as well. Would be really nice to Man on the right instead of Deac, if all goes as it should for him.

As others said, it will be interesting to see how he would deal with characters like Alibec and Budescu if he calls them, but different from the way he earned the respect from the younger kids, but they should be smart enough to appreciate him, I hope. It’s also very good Stanciu supports him so much already, he’s an important one in the dressing room.

I think he will do well regardless of the result in this baraj, if anyone judges him for not making it through this (bar an even worse disaster than the showing vs Spain and Sweden), they’re incredible morons. He will get his time from Burleanu anyway to form a proper team, the press can **** off but I don’t think even they can ruin this; then we just need the players to follow through.

It would have been nice to see him grow every day at a club but we definitely need him, I don’t think he will be ruined. When the time is right one day (hopefully not too soon) he can step away and do that, or maybe even do a club & NT management — I mean, a bit unrealistic, you see this in games like football manager and FIFA but I can’t recall it ever happening in real life?.. might be a conflict interests & a lot of work, at least if he could be an advisor and continue share his work and opinions with Burleanu as he does currently.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Didn’t Piturca do the same selecting guys like Cocis and even Nicolita who were technically limited but also had “good engines” (as Claudiu put it)? But maybe that isn’t the best example considering the players we had then and now, and the different tactical approaches.

Yes, and right now having Nicolita on the RM would be a freakin gift. Cocis was also better than our current CM options and constantly played out of position for the NT.

Ironically, guys on the forum here got so mad at Piturca for his selections but Cocis and Nicolita played regularly whilst guys like Cernat couldn't stay fit for longer than a month or two, and couldn't play both ends of the field. Piturca is our most successful national team coach in history given what he had to work with,in comparison to 94'

·
Registered
69,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Romanian fans are not with Radoi. Or at least they have doubts he can be the right choice. Polls say that. And the comments in the article Rumaniac posted, too (I didn't expect better though).

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
I just saw some morons on Twitter saying Bayer Leverkusen are farmers, and they’re not even kidding. So nothing surprises me from “fans” in any country anymore. So many of them are just imbeciles and can’t be helped, so who cares. I don’t think he will succumb to that pressure, he has a strong personality and most people I’ve come across still have big respect for him for the U21s results, sport.ro journalist and Twitter user @Emishor was a very big supporter of his and thinks he’s the only one who can truly help us.

I’m sure even without getting through the baraj (a ridiculous idea for anyone to expect him to just win his first game in these circumstances), he will prove it to all of them over time. We just need the players need to do their job now, for once I don’t think we have as much to worry about in the coach, limited experience aside.

·
Registered
69,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Radoi, in press conference:

„Am un gol în stomac! Sunt emoționat. Este cel mai înalt rang al antrenorului în România. Aprecierea pe care FRF o are către mine trebuie să o arătăm astfel. Fără meciurile din baraj nu ne putem gândi în viitor.

Țin să precizez că un antrenor tânăr lasă urme de îndoială și la club. Ca să glumim, experiența ca selecționer e mai mare decât cea de antrenor. Sunt mândru de această oportunitate Nu mă gândeam că voi ajunge aici. Cu siguranță vreau să-mi depășesc mentorii: Olăroiu, Hagi, Pițurcă, Boloni, Cârțu.

Barajul e un obiectiv intermediar! A contat părerea românilor, a celor din fotbal. Nu am putut rezista tentației. Nu sunt de acord când se spune că tinerii de la U21 nu pot face față la națională. Nu sunt sigur că ne vom califica la EURO. Vă promit că atitudinea se va schimba. În fotbal, există risc. Acum nu avem teamă și nu avem nimic de pierdut. Trebuie să ne gândim la ce avem de făcut pentru a merge la EURO. Datorită celor de la U21 sunt în această postură.

Trebuie să găsim un mix între cei de la tineret și cei cu experiență. Din păcate, cei care s-au transferat nu joacă. E dificil pentru ei să aibă rezultate.

Nici nu avem timp să căutăm un lider. Nu îmi doresc neapărat un lider. Trebuie să primeze forța grupului. Jucătorii trebuie să devină o familie. Cine vine de plăcere va veni în continuare. Cine nu stă acasă. Cei tineri trebuie să-i respecte pe cei bătrâni. Dar nu cred că vor fi probleme din acest punct de vedere. Pe mulți i-am antrenat, cu unii am jucat, nu cred că vor fi probleme. Avem nevoie de jucători cu personalitate, pe care s-o arăți în timpul meciului. Dacă un jucător tânăr nu salută e vorba de educație!

Nu sunt aici ca să fac jocurile cuiva! Nu de-asta sunt aici. Dacă e vorba de Anamaria Prodan, vă spun că la tineret sunt jucător impresarați de ea. Asta dovedește că nu sunt ranchiunos.

Este o problemă că jucătorii nu evoluează în străinătate. Asta nu ne ajută deloc. E foarte greu. Factorul fizic contează foarte mult, având în vedere că vom avea câteva zile în a pregăti meciul cu Islanda. Dar cred că-i vom face să fie într-o formă bună.

Suntem la două meciuri de calificarea la EURO, iar asta i se datorează și lui Contra. Nu poate fi un an rău. Cred că 2019 a fost un an bun pentru naționala mare și naționala de tineret. Nu e un regret foarte mare că am plecat de la tineret. Dar o parte dintre cei de la tineret sunt la naționala mare. Nu mi-a plăcut ce s-a zis despre ei”

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Radoi saying he won't bow down to any agents and will call up players as they deserve:

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
What a guy, he's honestly so intelligent. I'm excited for the future but the players have to help him. I'm thinking more in the next 2-5 years for our players development as elite athletes and not just lazy technicals. Under his reign (if he's still in charge then), we could do damage with such players in good shape and good form in bigger leagues. Easy to say, lots of work to do, but not impossible. Come on guys!

·
Registered
69,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Radoi is an adept of the 4-3-3 formation, except with Ianis Hagi (according to his own words). With players like Ianis or Budescu (if he counts with him) we could see a 4-2-3-1.

·
Registered
16,225 Posts
I'm sure he"lll study Iceland and work on how to beat them. With previous coaches it was very hard to understand what they wanted, I expect that to change. But, once again, it'll probably take time to see it

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Apparently Radoi wants to nationalize Omrani (CFR Cluj) and Nicolao Dumitru Cardoso (Gaz Metan). I'm not crazy about this idea, but we do have some striker problems and Omrani would probably be useful. With Dumitru Cardoso at least his father is Romanian. His mother is Afro-Brazilian and his family moved to Italy when he was a kid.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts