Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about this arising problem in football lately. I agree its a bad and punishable thing, yet, I noticed that no one ever says anything when Figo gets booed. If he or any other white player gets booed its because most likely he is playing shitty or some other reason, yet if Seedorf gets booed, even if lately he is playing not too well, its because the crowed is racist. Pls, dont assume things I havent said, I agree we should punish people who boo Seedorf even if he plays well, yet I think at times this issue is a made up thing by media.

Another thing I dont understand is why fans that are of right wing get all the insults, yet Livorno fans which are just the same type of scum as the right wing sides (Livorno is totally leftwing) get nothing. :googly: ?
Shouldt the punishment be the same?

·
A true hero
31,429 Posts
I don't think booing has been brought up as racism. Monkey noises yes, but that IS racism so...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my whole point is how at times Seedorf is booed when he is playing crap just like Crespo for example yet some how they say its diff reasons.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does a monkey sound anyway? You can actually differ the boo from the "monkey" noise?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
What have the left-wing fans been doing that they should be criticised the same way?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have the "same" political banners against Berlusconi in Italy or other issues like the right wing have. They might be the SAME but they still do things and have banners that are NOT part of football. Extremes are wrong no matter what side.

·
A true hero
31,429 Posts
Faisal said:
Yeah Monkey noises and only Monkey noises is racism :rolleyes:

Well you can go the other way too. Are we saying black players shouldn't bee boo'ed if they aren't playing well. Cos that'd be reverse discrimination.

Obviously if the crowd starts chanting "You black ****" then it's racism, but there has to be a line somewhere and I don't want football to turn into something where people are constantly pulling the race card.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I agree that politics should be left out of football, but surely abusing black players is not a political protest.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Mate **** the booing, Theres more to it than that and its not that simple.

All I know is Roque Junior and Juan have no real reason to be booed whilst others at Bayer are left but for me booing or not booing isn't the real issue, its the ignorance.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob Edwards said:
Well you can go the other way too. Are we saying black players shouldn't bee boo'ed if they aren't playing well. Cos that'd be reverse discrimination.

Obviously if the crowd starts chanting "You black ****" then it's racism, but there has to be a line somewhere and I don't want football to turn into something where people are constantly pulling the race card.
Thats what I am trying to say.

Angle, I agree, yet it still happens.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Faisal said:

All I know is Roque Junior and Juan have no real reason to be booed whilst others at Bayer are left but for me booing or not booing isn't the real issue, its the ignorance.
Its ok if you get nothing from this post. It means really nothing.
:)

·
A true hero
31,429 Posts
Faisal said:

Yeah but there's nothing you can do about that besides change attitudes. It's not always as simple as racism, for example fans might boo a foreign import who they feel is standing in the way of a young homegrown prospect who's better.

Ignorance is tough to change, in a way things like the Bernebau incident are a good thing because it at least focuses attention on the issue and makes it clear to racists what everyone thinks of them.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
IMO, no-one can say it's football's problem. Society as a whole is facing some dodgy times, and it's very easy for someone to vent their rascist spleen by turning up at football matches. I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better unfortunately. Every authority, football & government, has to adopt a common policy to deal with these people.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes but this is a football thread so I am talking as far as football goes. Faisal, ignorance can only be changed with culture and so refining our inner self, but our raw nature is racist.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
How does a monkey sound anyway? You can actually differ the boo from the "monkey" noise?
yes, they are very different sounds. yesterday (RM vs Leverkusen) for example you could tell when the crowd were making the monkey noise.... I think this whole racism shit is ridiculous, fifa needs to do something about it.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you say so. Still, I think that at times its exagerated. I mean 2 years ago or something the media still saying about the noises and for a while nothing now all of a sudden we are back with them? They seem to jump around.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
As far as football goes, the current outbreak of rascism must be dealt with very quickly. Look, i'm a Rangers supporter, so I do have some experience of these things. Unfortunately at every game there is sectarian chanting. Nothing is done about it because it has always been the same. It has been swept under the carpet for years, which makes it very difficult to eradicate now. Rascism cannot be allowed to fester in the same way.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We should do something about racism I agree, but why dont we do anything also about other problems in stadiums. Seems like this racism things takes over violence from people who are there to just fight and more important than fans launching firestuff in the field.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts