Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering we have the following games ...

Liverpool - Consider we loose it - 0 points
Charlton - 3 points
Portsmouth - 3 points
Aston Villa - 3 points
Manchester United - 0 point
Spurs - 1 point
Sunderland - 3 points
Wigan - 3 points

that means in the worst case we should be loosing only 7 points.

--------------------------------------------------

Now Tottenham games ....

Birmingham - 3 points
West Brom - 3 points
Man City - 3 points
Everton - 1 point
Manure - 0 points
Arsenal - 1 point
Bolton - 1 point
West Ham - 1 point

I guess I am too harsh with them....but anyways :D .... this means they will be dropping 11 points.

Right now they are 5 points ahead of us meaning that they would still edge us with a single point.

and that too not considering Bolton's and Wigan's run.

Gonna be a tough ride.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yep, Spurs have a very tricky run in - they're going to have to play really well to get the points from any of thier remaining away games, and they've got United at home. Arsenal's run in is definately much easier, but is it easier than ours or Bolton's? Bolton have got the current top 4 to play but aside from that it's a pretty straight forward and considering they have a very good record against the top 10, they'll be there or there abouts. The mighty Rovers have, along with Arsenal, probably the easiest run in. On paper that is. Given our record against crap teams away from home, I'm very nervous about the trips to Sunderland, Pompey and Birmingham.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
nEEbz said:
Considering we have the following games ...

Liverpool - Consider we loose it - 0 points
Charlton - 3 points
Portsmouth - 3 points
Aston Villa - 3 points
Manchester United - 0 point
Spurs - 1 point
Sunderland - 3 points
Wigan - 3 points

that means in the worst case we should be loosing only 7 points.

--------------------------------------------------

Now Tottenham games ....

Birmingham - 3 points
West Brom - 3 points
Man City - 3 points
Everton - 1 point
Manure - 0 points
Arsenal - 1 point
Bolton - 1 point
West Ham - 1 point

I guess I am too harsh with them....but anyways :D .... this means they will be dropping 11 points.

Right now they are 5 points ahead of us meaning that they would still edge us with a single point.

and that too not considering Bolton's and Wigan's run.

Gonna be a tough ride.
I think you're being a bit harsh with Liverpool. We can win this game, we're on form and they aren't and the game is at Highbury which favors us immensely. I'll be disappointed if the Gunners don't pull out 3 points.

Also, I don't think it's a given that Spurs beat Man City and I think that both Birmingham and West Brom will be very tough games because both teams are afraid of being relegated. Our only relegation battles are Pompey and Sunderland. Pompey is horrible anyways and Sunderland is beyond help.

Finally, I think that if we're up for it (and we should be), we can beat Spurs at THOF.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Screw Spurs. Bolton is what worries me.

They have 2 games in hand and their fixtures go like this.

Sunderland
Middlesbrough* x 2
Man utd.
Birmingham
Liverpool
Chelsea
WBA
Charlton
Spurs
Birmingham

I can see them getting at least 15 points from these fixtures which will move them to 60 points overall. They can probably earn less since they'll play a Birmingham side that's trying to avoid relegation twice.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Bolton'll lose two of those three against the bigger clubs - definitely to Chelsea and Liverpool (it's at Anfield) and I'd be pretty confident of the Mancs knocking them off anyway. Bolton are pretty crap away from home and I can see them coming undone at the Riverside or the Hawthorns as those two teams will be fighting to stay up.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The difference is only two. Good on you.
Rooting for you guys because I would rather not see Tottenham in the CL.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
We should only look at ourselves, if we do what is expected from us to do, that I belive we'll take that fourth place.
Others? They'll drop points eventually. :cool:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The race for 4th should include Blackburn.

Our run in is the easiest of the 4 teams, with an game at Old Trafford being our biggest test.

Bolton play Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man Utd.

Spurts have tricky away games and their hoime games are not straightforward 3 points in the bag games either.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Liverpool are not safe either:

Newcastle , Blackburn, West Ham away
Bolton and Everton home.

If they drop any points to Fulham tomorrow the alarm bells will be ringing

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
panicos said:
Liverpool are not safe either:

Newcastle , Blackburn, West Ham away
Bolton and Everton home.

If they drop any points to Fulham tomorrow the alarm bells will be ringing
I fancy us to grab third, of course it means Arsenal will have to go a big run but I fancy that to happen as well. Liverpool look spent the last few weeks, can't blame them as 50+ games by early March will do that to a team. The biggest factor will be their lack of World class striker, it's bad enough that Rafa's boys are struggling to create opportunities but even when a chance does arise Liverpool does not have a single quality striker that will punish opponents.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
we could nick the 3rd spot, but that would be unfair in a way with liverpool who have done kinda well, while we have had a bad season.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the way we are playing now we should win 7, then their is the game at OT which can go either way.

allowing for a couple of shocks i reckon we should get 5 wins and 3 draws.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I don't think we'll make it and it's the price we will pay for not taking chances in many away games, falling behind and not having the stomach for a fight.

Had we hit the ground running in the league we'd be fighting Chelsea not fighting for fourth. Really sickens me some utter tripe like Bolton could get fourth. I'd rather see Spurs in the CL than Bolton.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Boltons run in is very difficult, i can't see them doing it, they would need their best run of the season.

Spurs we go ahead of if we beat at Highbury, that will be key but i expect us to do it the way we are playing now.

true,, it is a complete fuk up that we are still battling with these average teams but in the seasons to come we might look back on it as a very important year, giving our youngsters valuable experience.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts