·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VS

SATURDAY MARCH 15
, 20:00H
RUÍZ DE LOPERA STADIUM (SEVILLA)

Referee: Carlos Clos Gómez (Zaragoza, Aragón)
Record with Athletic: 1W-0D-2L

PAST SEASONS

2002-03 1-0
-Assunçao;-
2003-04 1-1
-Assunçao; Tiko-
2004-05 2-1
-Juanito, Fernando; Urzaiz-
2005-06 1-1
-Robert; Lacruz-
2006-07 3-0
-Juanito, Edú, Capi;-

STANDINGS

13º Athletic 33 pts
15º R.Betis 32 pts

PROBABLE LINEUPS

REAL BETIS

Ricardo
Damià - Somoza - Juanito - F.Vega
Rivera - Arzu
Edú - Capi - Mark G.
Pavone

ATHLETIC CLUB

ARMANDO

IRAOLA - AITOR OCIO - USTARITZ - KOIKILI

SUSAETA - J.MARTÍNEZ - YESTE - GABILONDO

ETXEBERRIA - LLORENTE

Bench:
02. Unai Expósito
03. Asier Del Horno
08. Joseba Garmendia
13. Dani Aranzubia
16. Pablo Orbaiz
23. Aritz Aduriz
25. David López

Suspended
: Fernando Amorebieta.
Kidnapped: Carlos Gurpegi.
Injured: Gorka Iraizoz, Tiko.
Out: Iban Zubiaurre, Luis Prieto, Ander Murillo, Iñaki Muñoz, David Cuéllar, Aitor Ramos.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Caparrós continues with this new habit of playing midweek friendlies against bizkaian Tercera teams. Today in Zalla, these are the players called:

Iago, Raúl.
Del Horno, Zubiaurre, Prieto, Murillo, Casas, Larrea.
Garmendia, David López, Soberón, Iturraspe.
Ramos, Isma López, Muniain, Julen Goñi.

Giving minutes to Casas for the first time in the season...

About the new ones:

Ander Larrea is a right back and Ander Iturraspe defensive midfielder. Both started the season in Baskonia but have been promoted to Bilbao Athletic lately (same as Julen Goñi).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Caparrós continues with this new habit of playing midweek friendlies against bizkaian Tercera teams. Today in Zalla, ...
Why he wants that?

These players do play their league games already during the weekends, just as the first team I reckon.

Anyway, good luck to them today. :thumbsup:

Betis are our 'angstgegener' btw, if anyone knows that word, don't know the English translation :D.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I guess he wants to see the ones with more proyection and make them start getting used to first team life, knowing teammates etc..

Plus, he wants the non-regulars to play these friendlies to keep the form, and I guess he prefers to fill the lineup with players from the youth ranks rather than regular first team starters so they don't get tired/injured.

What I don't know is why they don't "oficially" consider these games as 'trainings' rather than 'friendlies' so Gurpe can play. Players with suspended license can't play friendlies but can train logically, I don't think the rivals would care, the only problem I see is to get the referee but they could pay a retired one or something. BTW, 41 days for his return if my maths aren't wrong. First game he would be able to play would be in Bernabeu...

From what I think you mean about Betis, the literal translation in english of the expression with a similar meaning in castillian would be 'black beast'.:D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Tonight I dream... april 27th, Bernabeu, Madrid, 0-0, 85th minute, Orbaiz out, Gurpe in, whole Bernabeu whistling, 90+3rd minute, free kick, Gurpe wants to take, he puts all his frustration in the shot which ends behind Cassillas in the goal, 0-1 with Gurpe showing his ass to the world :D.

Animo Gurpe!

From what I think you mean about Betis, the literal translation in english of the expression with a similar meaning in castillian would be 'black beast'.:D
Black beast? Hmm, could be...

Although it's a weird literal translation, 'angstgegner' is a German word but very often used in Holland, literally 'angst' means fear, and 'gegner' means opponent, what I actually tried to say was, games between them and us very often end up disappointing for us, with that semi-cup final still in my head :groan:, Doblas :thmbdown:, and especially away we haven't beaten them for a looooooooooooooong time...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, that's the same meaning as 'bestia negra'. And yes, they're our 'angstgegner' but Valladolid also used to be and lately we pass all day kicking their :ass:. So we'll beat Betis this Saturday. :cool: Appart, Doblas:finger: isn't their starting goalie anymore.

FT: Zalla 1-6 Athletic

0-1 Julen Goñi
0-2 Ismael López
0-3 Aitor Ramos
1-3 Galder
1-4 FJ Soberón
1-5 Iker Muniain
1-6 FJ Soberón

The starting lineup was:

Raúl
Zubiaurre - Prieto - Del Horno - Casas
Murillo - Iturraspe
J.Goñi - Garmendia - D.López
Isma López

Larrea, Soberón, Muniain and Ramos entered in the second half.

Not bad at all against the leader of the basque group in Tercera.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tonight I dream... april 27th, Bernabeu, Madrid, 0-0, 85th minute, Orbaiz out, Gurpe in, whole Bernabeu whistling, 90+3rd minute, free kick, Gurpe wants to take, he puts all his frustration in the shot which ends behind Cassillas in the goal, 0-1 with Gurpe showing his ass to the world :D.

Animo Gurpe!
Not bad, but it would be cooler if he scores with the hand and offside, and the ball goes so hard that it kills Lissavetzky in the VIP...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Lissavetzky :fero:,how you remembered him?

Btw,there is a team called "Tiko Utd", and how come you changed the 1st post of the matchday's thread?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was bored.. you don't like it?:(:tongue:

Players called by Caparrós to face Betis:

Armando, Aranzubia.
Expósito, Iraola, Del Horno, Aitor Ocio, Ustaritz, Koikili.
Javi Martínez, Garmendia, Orbaiz, David López, Gabilondo, Yeste, Susaeta.
Etxeberria, Llorente, Aduriz.

Suspended: Amorebieta.
Kidnapped: Gurpegi.
Injured: Iraizoz, Tiko.
Out: Zubiaurre, Prieto, Murillo, Muñoz, Cuéllar, Ramos.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My line-up for today's game-

-------------------------Armando--------------------------------
Iraola---------------Ocio--------Ustariz-------------------Koikili
---------------------------Orbiz------------------------------------
Susaeta----------------Yeste-----------------------Gabilondo
------------------Etxeberria---------Llorente----------------------

Subs-
Aranzubia
Exposito
Del Horno
Javi Martinez
David Lopez
Garmendia
Aduriz

I can't see Gabilondo being dropped after the form he shown in the last match.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Black beast? Hmm, could be...

Although it's a weird literal translation, 'angstgegner' is a German word but very often used in Holland, literally 'angst' means fear, and 'gegner' means opponent, what I actually tried to say was, games between them and us very often end up disappointing for us, with that semi-cup final still in my head :groan:, Doblas :thmbdown:, and especially away we haven't beaten them for a looooooooooooooong time...
I think the term most commonly used in English for 'black beast' is 'bete noir' which is actually French as you all probably know, but it goes to show that English is a mongrel language mostly made up of French and German words. Strange how those nations are not the best of friends!:pp

I won't be near a computer tonight but I will probably watch the Depor - Real Madrid game in case any score updates flash up on screen from the Betis - Athletic game. Aupa!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Confirmed lineup in Athletic, there's one surprise.

We'll play with the expected lineup (first post) but with Del Horno instead of Koi. Really..really!... surprising.

C'mon lions!:fero:

1 - 20 of 164 Posts