Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mero dies ahead of Coppa clash
Vittorio Mero, the 27-year-old Brescia defender, has tragically died in a road accident on the way to Venice ahead of the Parma versus Brescia Coppa Italia match on Wednesday night.

The game has been rescheduled because of the incident and will be played on January, 30th.

Mero began his career at Parma as an 18-yaear-old and was subsequently sold on to Crevalcore. He became a Brescia player having signed from Ravenna.

R.I.P man... :depress:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
That's sad:(

I am glad they postponed the Coppa Italia match against us, it's only fair. I just hope it doesn't affect Brescia too much on the field.

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Mero - you did not die in vain because you will not be forgotten. This horrible, sad and tragic news tears my heart apart. My thoughts and good wishes are sent to his family, the Brescia community and positive people all over the universe.
Roby Baggio will avenge your death and dedicate the season to Mero. FORZA BRESCIA. FORZA MERO forever. :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's very sad! It's good that they postponed the game, shows alot to Mero's familly, i think. :cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very sad indeed.
Forza Mero! Per sempre un campione. #13 will always live in the hearts of the Brescia fans! Forza Mero! :depress:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
A very sad day for Brescia and its fans, I am sure. Nobody should be cut short of their lives just like that. It is cruel. And they were absolutely right to postpone the game. I will watch the Serie A highlights tonite and pay special attention to the Brescia game.

paw:(

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Did anybody see the highlights and how Brescia and Baggio got emotional after every goal?! It reminded me of what calcio/football really should be about: passion and emotion. The way Roby hugged Fillippini after his majestic goal was something to behold. You can tell he reminded him that his piece of art was for Mero. And Fillippini responded by embracing Roby. It was a great moment. I peaked.
BIG BAD WOLVES IN THE WOOD :cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Primo said:
Did anybody see the highlights and how Brescia and Baggio got emotional after every goal?! It reminded me of what calcio/football really should be about: passion and emotion. The way Roby hugged Fillippini after his majestic goal was something to behold. You can tell he reminded him that his piece of art was for Mero. And Fillippini responded by embracing Roby. It was a great moment. I peaked.
BIG BAD WOLVES IN THE WOOD :cool:
Yes.
I remember Emanuele Filippini saying that the spirit of Vittorio Mero helped him to score that goal against Lecce. "It was destiny", that was what he said. He as sure that it was Mero who guided the ball into the net.

Don't know exactly, how many of you believe in such things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts