Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6243/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6243_sto701485.shtml

I came across this sad and tragic news as I was browsing the site. 5 fans sadly passed away as they were trampled to death when fans exited the AZADI STADIUM in Tehran after the World Cup Qualifier with Japan that Iran ended up winning 2-1.

40 others are reported to be injured.

You can pay your respects to the victims in this thread. It is a sad tragedy. Deaths and football should remain far apart.

R.I.P

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
:frownani: :frownani: :frownani:

·
Administrator
25,394 Posts
this is awful:(

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
RIP :(

The atmosphere in the stadium was amazing, but when I saw the images, I thought that there were too many people, the stands looked too crowded, as if there were more people than real places. This is really sad.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Rip :(

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
there were 100,000 supporters..

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
FIFA Regulations for stadia are not strict enough. The authorities once again are too obsessed with making money and do not focus enough on the safety of fans. In England we have strict regulations on stadia, and I think it is time the rest of the world followed suit.

R.I.P. those 5, they died thanks to the pursuit of money by footballing authorities. How many more will we need before something is done?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
heard there were 120,000 in that stadium, and it didnt look large enough.

RIP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts