Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,028 Posts
its most obvious he is the best left back in the world!!

but i think that he will stay at Real Madrid, he is too important to their team and tactics.

Remember, Chivu can also play in the central role in defence, so Real could be looking at him for that role.

but it looks good if he leaves, many clubs such as Man U, Barcelona, Juve, Inter, Milan and Lazio are all after a left back by the looks of it.
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
carlos and candela are probably the best 2 left backs in the world...but i don't really like carlos much...IMO, if i were ferguson, i'd try to get chivu instead...chivu is gonna be a superstar...it's just too bad to hear that he is staying with ajax for another season...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
whos chivu again!???
and YES I AGREE CANDELAS BETTER THAN CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hopfully fergie will go after candela
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
if we could get roberto carlos and thruam and get rid of veron we could have thuram and silvestre in the centre of defence. however, i think it's unlikely that he'd leave real. the suggestion that we might get christanval is also a very exciting prospect.
 

·
International
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Carson35 said:
carlos and candela are probably the best 2 left backs in the world...
is it just me, or does anyone else think that Roberto Carlos is a sh!te left back. He attacks incredible well, but I've yet to see him actually defend. Maybe thats why Brazil isn't the force it once was with defenders like him in the backline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Carlos will not be leaving Real.He's one of the most influential members of the club and also one of their best player.Perez will never let go of such an asset unless some other club offers an astronomical sum for him.In that case only Inter,realistically speaking,have a chance of getting him.

Besides,I'd prefer Candela on our side not only because he's a marvellous player but will be a LOT cheaper than the flashy Brazilian.

IMO,Bixente Lizarazu is the best left-back in the world.He is the complete act.Can defend as well as make runs down the left flank.One hardly sees anyone passing this brilliant Frenchman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,028 Posts
Carlos is the best laft back!! he attacks great, and defends great!!, how many crosses do you see come from the right side by oppostion teams against real madrid??? not many, he is brilliant.

And Candela is almost as good, i do think candela has better dribbling skills though.

He isnt coming anyway, so i think its not worth saying anything else about him.
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
lizarazu is great but he is already 32...almost 33...in the long term, he wouldn't be a good signing...go for candela (who is about 27, 28) or chivu who is only 21...
 

·
International
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
CUG said:
Carlos is the best laft back!! he attacks great, and defends great!!, how many crosses do you see come from the right side by oppostion teams against real madrid???
if I remember correctly, both goals scored by Bayern munich in the 2-1 win, came from crosses over from the left, or passing movements begin and unhindered on the left. Like I said, he is a brilliant attacker, but his defending, in my opinion, just isn't that great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:


if I remember correctly, both goals scored by Bayern munich in the 2-1 win, came from crosses over from the left, or passing movements begin and unhindered on the left. Like I said, he is a brilliant attacker, but his defending, in my opinion, just isn't that great.
yeah, but having said that he completely marked beckham out of the game a couple of seasons ago at OT in the knock-out stages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,266 Posts
IMO Roberto Carlos is a very underated defender. Everyone thinks he is an average defender but if his defensive qualities were poor then he wouldn't be playing left back but left wing wouldn't he.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
IMO Roberto Carlos is a very underated defender. Everyone thinks he is an average defender but if his defensive qualities were poor then he wouldn't be playing left back but left wing wouldn't he.
quite alot of the major european teams play with wing-backs and roberto carlos is easily the best wing-back in the world, partly due to his amazing energy levels.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top