Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L. Aragones (national coach of spain on Apr.1st in marca)

"Florentino Perez knows about many things but not about football"

how right he is!!! :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mia Hamm to Real Madrid?
4/1/2005 6:03:00 AM
In his never-ending quest to sign football's biggest stars, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has announced that former USA international striker Mia Hamm will be his Galactico signing of the summer.
Giving a press conference in the Spanish capital this morning, Perez identified Hamm as "one of the great players that we want at the club." He also noted that she "can come at a reasonable price" because, as there is no longer a women’s professional league, there is no need to pay a transfer fee.

The club president said he was confident he could lure the 32-year-old out of retirement, saying, "I don’t know if her 32 years are a lot, but here at Madrid she will find plenty of people her own age to talk to."

Perez was quick to note that while Hamm didn’t have any "balles d’or", he was satisfied with her two world player of the year awards. "Of course everyone knows I like players with golden balls," he said, "but it doesn’t worry me that Mia doesn’t have any. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Owen, they all have golden balls. And Beckham, he IS Golden Balls."

When asked if he was worried that the addition of another big name star might cause a clash of egos in the dressing room, he replied, "In terms of the dressing room, that is the least of our worries." But he added, "No, I don’t expect there will be any problems, although I assume Raul will sulk a bit as usual."

Breaking with convention, Perez didn’t deny suggestions that he hoped to use Hamm as a marketing tool. "We hope her signing can help us break into the US market," he revealed. "We had thought about signing someone from the men’s squad, but they’re all crap."

When asked if he thought FIFA might block the move, the way it did when Mexican side Celaya tried to sign Maribel Dominguezhe, Perez replied simply, "We are Real Madrid."

However, Perez did express some concern about signing a former member of the USA women’s "soccer" team, recalling the infamous shirt-shedding antics of Brandi Chastain after her goal against China.

"We are working with Adidas to make a shirt that cannot be removed," Perez revealed. "It is something that we will be needing at the club, as we also plan to sign Antonio Cassano from Roma. Although for him we’ll also need to make matching shorts."

Kevin Buckland
spoofs club president Florentino Perez’s "policy of the Galacticos."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHA BRAVO PEREZ......LOL

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
LaBlanca said:
L. Aragones (national coach of spain on Apr.1st in marca)

"Florentino Perez knows about many things but not about football"

how right he is!!! :(
$hit, and i though maybe Aragones could coach real madrid next season... :howler:
That guy has big mouth, he always says what he thinks.
I wonder if perez will say anything....

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think we approached him before but it never worked out..

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
cliffordil said:
I think we approached him before but it never worked out..
dude i was only kidding, i wouldn't wont this racist/fachist be real madrid's coach...

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
FC Barca11 said:
Mia Hamm to Real Madrid?
4/1/2005 6:03:00 AM
In his never-ending quest to sign football's biggest stars, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has announced that former USA international striker Mia Hamm will be his Galactico signing of the summer.
Giving a press conference in the Spanish capital this morning, Perez identified Hamm as "one of the great players that we want at the club." He also noted that she "can come at a reasonable price" because, as there is no longer a women’s professional league, there is no need to pay a transfer fee.

The club president said he was confident he could lure the 32-year-old out of retirement, saying, "I don’t know if her 32 years are a lot, but here at Madrid she will find plenty of people her own age to talk to."

Perez was quick to note that while Hamm didn’t have any "balles d’or", he was satisfied with her two world player of the year awards. "Of course everyone knows I like players with golden balls," he said, "but it doesn’t worry me that Mia doesn’t have any. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Owen, they all have golden balls. And Beckham, he IS Golden Balls."

When asked if he was worried that the addition of another big name star might cause a clash of egos in the dressing room, he replied, "In terms of the dressing room, that is the least of our worries." But he added, "No, I don’t expect there will be any problems, although I assume Raul will sulk a bit as usual."

Breaking with convention, Perez didn’t deny suggestions that he hoped to use Hamm as a marketing tool. "We hope her signing can help us break into the US market," he revealed. "We had thought about signing someone from the men’s squad, but they’re all crap."

When asked if he thought FIFA might block the move, the way it did when Mexican side Celaya tried to sign Maribel Dominguezhe, Perez replied simply, "We are Real Madrid."

However, Perez did express some concern about signing a former member of the USA women’s "soccer" team, recalling the infamous shirt-shedding antics of Brandi Chastain after her goal against China.

"We are working with Adidas to make a shirt that cannot be removed," Perez revealed. "It is something that we will be needing at the club, as we also plan to sign Antonio Cassano from Roma. Although for him we’ll also need to make matching shorts."

Kevin Buckland
spoofs club president Florentino Perez’s "policy of the Galacticos."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHA BRAVO PEREZ......LOL
april fools, you fell for it.

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FC Barca11 said:
No I didn't ;) I just thought it'd be something to cheer up our "friends" in Madrid.
was just the third time this article was posted today ;)

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
L. Aragones can not talk, whats he won?

Spain are going nowhere, bit part players who will never reach the heights such as that Gypsy Reyes who everybody wants at madrid, but cannot score in the dog shit EPL

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Tony Montana said:
L. Aragones can not talk, whats he won?

Spain are going nowhere, bit part players who will never reach the heights such as that Gypsy Reyes who everybody wants at madrid, but cannot score in the dog shit EPL
Well, a couple of Ligas and some Copas more, besides he was a really good player in Atlético Madrid. He has trained with more or less success in several teams, but he has been there for more than 30 years, so I guess that he must be "someone" in Spain.

Obviously, Luis' thing is not diplomacy, but he's an important man in Spanish football after all and I am sure that many madridistas agree with this.

Just an anecdote, in 1987, when Venables was sacked in Barcelona, Luis Aragonés took the team near the relegation and he made a spectacular fightback, reaching the 6th place in La Liga and winning the Copa. He was replaced at the end of the season by someone called Johan Cruyff though.

I think that he should not discuss the club situations, but you know how he is... a big mouth.

About Reyes, this is what many people wonder in Spain now. Without Raul, the match against Serbia was a test for Torres, Joaquín and Reyes, who were supposed to lead the team. Torres saved his head, but Joaquín and Torres are under the spot now. Some press from Madrid wonder about how good they really are.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Reyes, what is the fuss about with him?

What's his best position, drifts in and out of games not periods of games!

Just keep the one paced Figo, at least he dives and wins free-kicks

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
something for xue:

"We have seen the best goalie in Europe. By far. He kept everything."
Bernd Schuster (coach of Levante)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
LaBlanca said:
something for xue:

Muahaahah!!!! Thank you, on behalf of my dear and Madrid.

Hear that, Perez, you old fool???

SHOW ME THE CONTRACT!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
LaBlanca said:
something for xue:

Personally, I think he's the BEST in the WHOLE world. :proud:

Call me biased or whatever, ;) and prove me wrong!!! :hopefull:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts