Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, the Valencian newspaper Super Deporte said that Quique Sanchez Flores had told his agent to stop all the negotiations for his renewal until the end of the season. It seems that he thinks that he's not enough valued in the club. Besides, it looks like Quique also told his agent not to negotiate with any other club, but it seems a challenge to the president anyway. You all know that this is not new in Valencia and Benitez left Valencia for this reason.

What do you think about the coach? Does he deserve to continue?

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Based on a starting performance, he achieved the best start of any other coach in the history(Even Benitez!) of Valencia. He's young and can learn a lot and maybe he can work on being less arrogant and more open to his players suggestions.

He is a tad defensive minded, which isn't good for a club who are regular contenders for the title. But solely based on his performance I think he should be given atleast another year. Besides, he is in control of the locker room and thats what a big team needs.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
No Soler wasn't president of Valencia at that time it was Jaime Orti. Soler have done nothing but good so far with the building of the new stadium, wiping out the debt and making transfer funds availible.

On topic then. I thought Quique had a clause in his contract which is 1 year + 1 year. The clause said that Flores must achieve a CL spot or his contract won't last the second year.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
valenciaholic said:
Hey K4, are you sure Soler was around when Benitez got fired?
Not sure if he was in the Board, but he was the most important shareholder by then for sure. He had also bought the part that owned Paco Roig. Orti always was a puppet in Soler's hands. Soler was the one that put and kept Ortí in the presidency. The club has been in Soler's hands since long ago, even though he didn't want to be in the scene. He started with Cortes and continue with Ortí, but he had the power.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i know VCF are second and all that but do you really think the performances are all that. (It's a bit like Liverpool really) I mean Barca are first and you can understand it, but Valencia are 2nd and sometimes I wonder how the hell they are second!!

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Valencia rely very much upon Aimar and Villa to deliver. Also Vicente but he's been injured most of the season. When these players don't deliver, we're screwed and have to settle for a 0-0 draw unless we get lucky on some corner or something like that.

The two problems are the Baraja position and the right flank. Frankly they suck but there's nothing to do about it this season, we have to wait for the transfer window in the summer..

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
djferros said:
i know VCF are second and all that but do you really think the performances are all that. (It's a bit like Liverpool really) I mean Barca are first and you can understand it, but Valencia are 2nd and sometimes I wonder how the hell they are second!!

Yes, but you have to remember this is Flore's firt year. Benitez sucked when he began and look what he did with Valencia. Infact, he had a much better start with Liverpool.
Rijkaard was almost fired in the beginning as well. We should give the arrogant and defensive-minded sucker a chance before we get rid of him.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Im beginning to doubt this arogant ba$tard's coaching abilities. All Valencia do nowadays is defend with 8 players and rely heavily on Aimar and Villa to score. The midfield doesn't create or even go forward for that matter.

Our posession in almost every other game is very low. Moreover, Flore's changes when we are in trouble are very mysterious and confusing.

If Villa doesn't score, then we are almost sure that we will settle for a tie ,if we are lucky enough not to concede. Imagine this: Osasuna has scored more goals than we have this season!!

Im not sure if we will really be that big of a threat to Barca or Real's title next year.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Yes we are defensive but lets face it, we don't have the players to play attacking football. I mean Baraja, Rufete, Angulo, Mista and even Regueiro are simply not good enough for a side wanting to challenge for the title, but they play very often for us. We need new players, we have a good base but we need to bring in players to support them. Aimar, Vicente and Villa are a great trio, Miguel is great when he attacks on the right but we need a proper right winger to support him (Joaquin wil be available in the summer, why don't we try and get him? Madrid and Chelsea don't seem to be interested anymore so we do have a good chance of getting him) and a better CM than Baraja.. And finally, consdering how injury prone our players are, we need a much better bench, a good backup striker, backup for Aimar(Silva!) and a left back, preferrably an attacking one because Moretti is very good defensively.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Maybe we should just try to keep Aurelio to have that attacking LB and there aren´t many better than him in the game. Besides that we need all we need is a quality RW to complement Miguel and we are set, Albelda and Edu will be massive next year!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Valencia can't do much more with the current team. Valencia have a problem in the midfield, but the base is good to start. I think Valencia don't have to sign 6 players, but 3 key player per line and the team should work.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
valencia with problems in the midfield?? baraja,albelda,viana,reguiero,rufete,aimar,villa is not enough??? this is a great midfield !!!

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
but Baraja isn't performing at all and Reguerio is more of a counter attack player. He can't beat defenders 1 on 1 like Vicente. Rufete is kind of crap so the creativity is left for Aimar and Villa to generate.

It will be much better when Vicente returns and I also have high hopes of Edu who is now 100% fit and training with the group again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
btw Edu is back fit and may play this weekend match against villarreal. i think he can be a big help, as i think he can play better than baraja is right now.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
I don't think the problem is with the players. We won 2 league titles in the last four years, with far less talent than we have now.

Yes Baraja and Angulo need to be replaced, but Flores doesn't want a tactically offensive midfield at all. The wings hardly go upfront and the central midfielder(Baraja) plays like a DMF.

How can we expect to win when we only have two or three goal scoring oppurtunities in 90 minutes??

On top of that, when we lose the ball, our midfield doesn't pressure the opposition's defence and midfield to win the ball back. This is the main reason why we almost always have lesser possesion than our opponents.

Even if Valencia buys two or three offencive players next year, Quique's ideology would not change.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Valencia coach Flores wants Canizares, Ayala re-signed
tribalfootball.com - April 30, 2006

Valencia coach Quique Flores has backed senior pair Roberto Ayala and Santiago Canizares to be offered new contracts.
Both have 12 months on their current deals to run and Flores said: "Canizares and Ayala are players who are in form and that is what we're looking for.

"The future of Valencia comes through their ambition to play and to win. You can't replace their experience and we think that they fulfill the profile necessary to be here."

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think that valencia should make alot of changes next season. weve had a good season overall but the same old problems still remain. we have the attacking players to really hurt teams but we dont use them properly. Is the any money available for next season?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts