Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal's young striker Quincy Owusu-Abeyie is under arrest after a fight broke out following the PFA Awards in London.

The 19-year-old was taken into custody following the punch-up outside the Cafe Royal's Elysium nightclub where a post-awards party was taking place.

One man was taken to hospital with head injuries.

Police were called at around 3am on Monday to reports of a fight involving up to five men.

The Dutch youngster, who has been at Highbury for nearly three years, was arrested along with two other men.

The fight broke out following the gala dinner held at the Grosvenor House Hotel.

A police spokeswoman said: "Police were called at around 3am to Shaftesbury Avenue to reports of a fight in progress.

"Officers arrived to discover a man, believed to be in his mid-20s, suffering from injuries to the head.

"He was taken to a central London hospital in a stable condition.

"It is understood the altercation involved the victim and up to four men outside the Cafe Royal.

"A short time later, three men aged 19, 28 and 35 were arrested in the vicinity.

"They are all currently in custody in a central London police station."

The injured man is not believed to have been seriously hurt but was kept in hospital overnight.

Bobby Barnes, of the Professional Footballers' Association, who attended Sunday night's awards ceremony, said there had been no trouble during the event, which had passed off peacefully.

"It's a prestigious award ceremony. We would not expect there to be any trouble," he said.

A spokeswoman for Arsenal refused to comment.

Owusu-Abeyie joined the Gunners in the summer of 2002 from Dutch club Ajax. The teenager made his first team debut in October 2003 and scored his first senior Arsenal goal against Everton in November last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------

obviously nothing is proven yet, but a sad day for the club if it is, let's hope Quincy is innocent as if he is guilty he has no future with us. :frownani:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Terry won it, and Rooney won young player.

although i don't know if that had anything to with this fight.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
If it's in fact Quincy who did this he's screwed just like you sad Jern.
You start to wonder what goes around in these boys head really. Same thing with Pennant, Ferdinand, Rooney...and the list goes on. Loads of talent but unfortunately not that wise, atleast not career-wise.

Well, well. Let's just hope Quincy is innocent. Otherwise the award for "Most stupid fight" will go to him hands down. On the verge on breaking in to the team and...
No, I hope it's not him. :(

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i Saw the cover in newspaper :rollani: :boxing: :relieved: this morning about Arsenal star is Arrested..in my mind..i though is someone more important than quincy, like pires or reyes, or lauren...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If it is him he's a stupid boy! Hope he doesn't go down Pennant's road, he has the potential to succeed!!

He was arrested outside my house! lol :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
????why is he finished at arsenal if it is true?? I don't see why this should effect his arsenal career at all.....

Goonermc. Pace and speed are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
We dont condone this sort of behaviour at Arsenal khimik.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Erm, what have I said that makes you post something like that? I kind of, y'know, haven't said anything on the matter.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Goonermc said:
He was arrested outside my house! lol :rolleyes:
You've got way too much money! :smileani:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
khimik said:
Erm, what have I said that makes you post something like that? I kind of, y'know, haven't said anything on the matter.
Oh fuk i meant petros,for some reason i saw your name with his post...?? :howler:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Petros said:
Goonermc. Pace and speed are pretty much the same.
Pretty much ... but not the same! Pace is one of henry's gifts that allows him to control his speed and use it wisely and not burn himself out. Therefore, they are not the same! :)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quincy Owusu Abeyie's agent Brian Berkleef has claimed that his client will not be investigated any further by the police; after he was arrested after a brawl outside the Cafe Royal.

Berkleef claims that forensic evidence has cleared Quincy of any wrongdoing. Quincy was arrested after the brawl outside the Cafe Royal, and subsequently bailed. But he has now told his agent and club that he has been unconditionally discharged. The Police have not issued

---------------------------------------------------

great news if true. :thmbup:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I quess I don't have to compare him to Pennant any longer... ;)
Great news.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no, even if he was fighting i don;t think that's as bad as driving along drunk with a lamppost under your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts