Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very important for Quincy because this summer the under 20 world cup will be played in Holland and he could be one of the players to shine in the tournament.

Dutch team:

Doel: Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Theo Brack (FC Zwolle)
Verdediging: Ron Vlaar (AZ) Wouter Artz (Excelsior), Gianni Zuiverloon (Feyenoord), Dwight Tiendalli (FC Utrecht), Frank van der Struijk (Willem II)
Middenveld: Haris Medunjanin (AZ), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Steef Nieuwendaal (Willem II), Mark van den Boogaart (Feyenoord), Rick Kruys (FC Utrecht)
Aanval: Quincy Owusu-Abeyie (Arsenal), Arjan Wisse (AZ), Otman Bakkal (FC Den Bosch), Tim Vincken (Feyenoord)

Both England and France have not qualified for the u20 world cup :eekani: and Sendo and Djourou will be there with the Swiss team, but they're in the same group as Brazil :frownani:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
u-20s ? he should be in the full NT, the boy is a WIZARD !!! :D
I reckon youth tournaments are better than the full NT tournaments anyway, there's heaps of flair and trickery on display. Less of this tactical mumbo-jumbo and more of the juggling, dribbling and lobbing :thmbup:

I think the Netherlands are in the same group as Australia, so hopefully I'll be able to see it on SBS :shades: it'll be great seeing Quincy making a mockery of us.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Group A: Australia Benin Japan Netherlands
Group B: China Panama Turkey Ukraine
Group C: Chile Honduras Morocco Spain
Group D: Argentina Egypt Germany USA
Group E: Canada Colombia Italy Syria
Group F: Brazil Nigeria South Korea Switzerland

I'm sure we'll have representatives in these teams.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's in the Spanish U21 team so I can't see why not :pp he'll be so much better than the rest of them - Spain might win something! :eekani:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you think Fabregas will lower himself to play for the u-20s ? :D

Can't be helped. 3-4 years ago Spanish NT even decided not to include Vicente despite of his role and performance in Valencia and put him in U-20 squad instead. And in the last European cup, they didn't include Reyes or Mista, on the other hand, they made players like Raul Bravo into the team. :neutral:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
perhaps Fabregas can play for the u-21s, u-20s, u-19s and u-18s from now on so that Spain might win something. :shades:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Group A: Australia Benin Japan Netherlands
Group B: China Panama Turkey Ukraine
Group C: Chile Honduras Morocco Spain
Group D: Argentina Egypt Germany USA
Group E: Canada Colombia Italy Syria
Group F: Brazil Nigeria South Korea Switzerland

I'm sure we'll have representatives in these teams.
Italy won't call Lupoli up. not to say he couldn't perform or isn't better than the players who will be selected, but i don't think it will happen. the players they pick will all be born in '85 and '86, it's very unusual for them to call someone much younger than the age limit.

playing in England probably won't help his cause either. again it's not to do with different standards or anything it just seems to happen fairly often with the FIGC once a young player tries his luck abroad. unless Lupoli knocks Henry out of your starting side and starts piling up the goals at a rate of knots they're not likely to pay him any attention for now.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vagabondo said:
Italy won't call Lupoli up. not to say he couldn't perform or isn't better than the players who will be selected, but i don't think it will happen. the players they pick will all be born in '85 and '86, it's very unusual for them to call someone much younger than the age limit.

playing in England probably won't help his cause either. again it's not to do with different standards or anything it just seems to happen fairly often with the FIGC once a young player tries his luck abroad. unless Lupoli knocks Henry out of your starting side and starts piling up the goals at a rate of knots they're not likely to pay him any attention for now.
All this means is that he could be capped by England one day ;) it's a pity he isn't going but I, for one, can't wait to see Switzerland play Brazil. I think Robinho is eligible for this :eek:

·
63,337 Posts
oh lets hope Robinho doesn't play, i know we say he can become the new TA6, well if Robinho gets a hat-trick does it mean the Mirror will put donkey ears on Sendo and become a figure of abuse for being exposed by a World Class player as happened to Tone when van Basten(best mate, luv ya lots xxx) scored his hat-trick.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jern Lizardhous said:
oh lets hope Robinho doesn't play, i know we say he can become the new TA6, well if Robinho gets a hat-trick does it mean the Mirror will put donkey ears on Sendo and become a figure of abuse for being exposed by a World Class player as happened to Tone when van Basten(best mate, luv ya lots xxx) scored his hat-trick.
:howler:

If Sendo turns out half as good as Tone we'll be set for life ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Robinho ('84) is too old as well. Diego would be ok, but Brazil may not take this tournament too seriously. they won it last time anyway without too much effort.

Switzerland should be good. Senderos will be there as well as Reto Ziegler from Tottenham ( :tongue: ) who apparently is doing ok for himself too. plus they Zambrella and Vonlanthen (yes the one who took Rooney's youngest scorer record at Euro 2004, only for Beckham to claim Rooney would break it again) who are getting games for Brescia and the highly rated Barnetta who is playing somewhere in Germany. should be interesting, Italy will smash them though.

p.s. hands off Lupoli. it would be good to know we have someone decent waiting in the wings for the day that Del Piero is finally dropped from our national team in about 10 years time, give or take a squandered world cup campaign or two.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vagabondo said:
Robinho ('84) is too old as well. Diego would be ok, but Brazil may not take this tournament too seriously. they won it last time anyway without too much effort.
I thought Robinho was born in 1985 :confused:

EDIT - just looked it up and yeah, you were right. January 25th, 1984. Good thing too :D

·
63,337 Posts
Lupoli is English, what are you going on about vagabondo ?

he went to school in Islington Green , i know one of his old schoolchums. :shades:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
I thought Robinho was born in 1985 :confused:

EDIT - just looked it up and yeah, you were right. January 25th, 1984. Good thing too :D
they wouldn't have brought him anyway. apparently he'll be joining the galactico set at that time :yuck:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts