Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dunno if it actually belongs in this forum, if it doesn't my apologies and can someone move it to appropriate forum(but leave the redirect link here :) )

take a look at the pitch on this picture

you'll undoubtedly notice two different shades of green (i know its wide spread but its the first pic i found i am asking in general not specifically on old trafford). i always wanted to know how to they do that, what is it that makes the color of the grass different. do they use 2 different types of grass or is it something else? is there any difference in the way the grass effects the ball between these two areas?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
The grass is cut in two different directions, meaning it is pressed down in opposite directions, and the light reflects off the different sides, creating two different shades.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The Green One said:
The grass is cut in two different directions, meaning it is pressed down in opposite directions, and the light reflects off the different sides, creating two different shades.
Exactly

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yeah. If you cut the grass in your garden you can get the same effect (though not as good). You need a lawnmower with a roller on to get a proper effect like in the picture.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't you think you took the mowing a bit too far :D

anyways thank for the answer guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts