Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is what does juggling help you in? How do you train juggling? I know many have told me to practice, but I don't know the right way to keep the ball in the air.

Which part of my feet must I use to kick the ball? Everytime I kick the ball, it doesn't directly fly up above, it goes just a bit in front of me, making it very difficult to control it.

Other than juggling, is there any other form of training that trains my ball control and footwork?

Lately I noticed, when I go for those low drives, it is not really very fast compared to the high shots which I shoot. How do I attempt hard, low driven shots?

·
Registered
447 Posts
when you strike the ball low if you hit it wit your instep and not side of the foot make sure u stay balanced slightly over the ball if you lean back chances are you will lift the ball

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Im not saying he should do 100 on a small balll

just try to do a couple even if its impossible
that helps when you have a much bigger football

it will seem like a beachball

i suggest you use a skills ball first, not a tennis ball if you are really useless;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well if you can hit the ball without it spinning like a knuckle ball then you have a good hit

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to know whether is juggling a necessity if you attend a trials in a club, I have all the necessary skills but its only my ball control which let me down.

I have the pace, and positioning to score goals but will the juggling of the ball affect the judgement of the coach? Right now, everyday i am training how to juggle.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Inzaghino said:
I would like to know whether is juggling a necessity if you attend a trials in a club, I have all the necessary skills but its only my ball control which let me down.

I have the pace, and positioning to score goals but will the juggling of the ball affect the judgement of the coach? Right now, everyday i am training how to juggle.
Only if your on trial for the circus;)

I would think your ability to score would be more important than being able to keep the ball up.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Juggling is great training; it increases your ball control and your understanding of how different types of cushioning affect the ball. I play as a forward, and I used to juggle a lot whenever i got the chance. I noticed that it improved my first touch, especially when i received long balls with my back to goal.

Try to keep the ball spinning back towards you. I find that the easiest way to juggle is to point your toe upwards and kind of stroke the ball upwards so that it keeps coming back to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts