Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tactic (a somewhat unorthodox version of a 3-5-2 - a 3-2-3-2) is giving me some problems. It is either too good or too bad, bit of a hit-and-miss but more than other formations.

I got good DC's, a famboyant attacking midfield plus Silvera, Barros Schelotto and Milito in attack with Mirosevic also there, but it just works horrible. What i want to know is , what sort of tweaking you give to this formation after the CPU has studied it after some games. I'm specifically asking Drac. ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Then you'd be asking the wrong person. ;) As I have never used this tactic before. I personally prefer a 4-1-3-2 (that can be alternated to a 4-4-2 Diamond).

I'm pretty sure Anton or Tolga could give you better answers on this question.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
All I know is that you need players with high pace ratings to make it work effectively. I've never used it muself, it always seemed a bit too hit and miss as you say. You need the players to fit the formation for that rather than the formation to fit the players which is how I like it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
gogol, I unfortunately can't give you any specific advice for uber2 tactic as I've only used this tactic for a little bit and it worked pretty well for me without any kind of tweaking. However, I will give you some general advice for a tactic where you use three defenders. Like Dracula said you do need defenders with high pace. Although this should be applied to any tactic. High pace players will save your butt many times as they have a higher chance to catch up to opponents, obviously. Also you defenders will need good teamwork, decision making, determination, anticipation. As there's only three of them you might wanna try and use the offside trap, but like i said, you players need to have very good teamwork and decision making to be successful with this. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but this tactic employs two DMCs this are going wide with arrows. I would try and put them on free role, defensive mentality, hold up ball, try through passes, hard tackling, and mixed passing (switch to short if you see their pass completion go down). They should act like a screen or filter for your main defense line, cover the flanks, and initiate attacks. I would also recommend that these DMCs have high work rate, pace, teamwork, anticipation, and determination, because they're are going to be probably the busiest players on the field, always moving. I've found that tenacious-type midfielders are good for this.

Now in your attack, I can't remember this either, but I would take the two strikers and have them go out wide with arrows, this will open up the opposition's defense like two curtains. Basically your strikers will drag your opponent's defenders off to the sides, enabling your three midfielders rush into the middle and overpower the GK. Also have your strikers try to cross into the middle so that your midfielders can run on to those crosses and finish them off for goals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts