Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ask why Juve are depending on Italian players more than foreign ???

By comparing with other teams… we will find Juve always tracking Italian players

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
INZA9HI said:

By comparing with other teams… we will find Juve always tracking Italian players
It is the way Moggi work and it is a good solid policy.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We depend on Italian players more than on foreigners?...

I think it's enough to remember Zidane's role in our team, and Nedved's present meaning for our game to understand that it isn't true. Our most reliable defender Thuram is a foreigner as well. Trezeguet - the man who always scores when on form is also a non-Italian player.

From calcio leaders I think it's only Roma to depend more on Italians than on foreigners.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Because that's what all the Italians should do,We have so much talent in Italy and we don't Utilise them.Look at our NT and see why we suffer so much.There are quite a bit of Non Italians in Italy and so many aren't even that good.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Thuram - reliable :eek: :D

Juve buy the bets of italy, because Italy are one of the best... what do you want, them to go to Asia or eastern Europe and buy all their players??? South Americans can also be unreliable but sometimes you can pick the very best from there!!!! The way Juve has worked has won them many a title so I dont think they need to change it very soon!!!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Deano, I don't understand you. You mean Thuram is not a reliable defender? Man, he is one of the best defenders in the world. Sure, it's not the best moment of his career right now. But he still remains being reliable player.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
INZA9HI said:
A hint: it has something to do with Juve's own nationality.

That is a strange, strange question to ask. A sign of the times, I guess.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
INZA9HI said:

Well... I suppose that's a question of scales.
I gather you aren't arguing for it to be wrong that the majority of the squad is Italian? At least- that would strik me as being odd, and I think that's what Garrincha's comment echoes as well.

Then- why is that we rarely take a chance on foreign starlets like for instance Kaka? While we are always seen snapping up Italians touted as the next big thing- or at least in the market for them?

Well- that's a part of Juve's tradition. A part I think most Juve fans like, and most opponent fans respect (even if they hate it when said starlet happens to be one they consider their own of course :)).

At this time however- I think it's legitimate to say that we HAVE to look outside of Italy if we want to regroup and become a force also on the field of play. Obviously- we still are a force, but there's still a gap to bridge in terms of performances.

It just so happens that the very best Italians not already playing with us largely ply their trade at other top teams.

Totti, Cassano
Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso
Vieri, Cannavao

These guys we cannot take now, and apart from Di Natale for instance or Ferrari... it's difficult to find any Italians who would conceivably provide a substantial boost to our team.

Thus- why is it we pay big to get Blasi- instead of trying for cheaper, less confirmed (in terms of serieA performances) players with more potential? Renato from Santos for instance. A player who is a borderline regular with Brazil- preferred to Emerson at Roma. He was virtually free in January.
Why Bonera... who'll cost quite a bit because of his hype... instead of Daniel... who we put in an offer of 3.5 million$ for?

Why Legrottaglie (when Mexés was out there) and why talk about Ferrari when Mexés is still out there?

Why DI VAIO!!! or SALAS!!!!!!!! when we could have had numerous excellent talents outside of serieA for half, at the most.

I like that we have an Italian core/leadership. You get nowhere in serieA without it, but any team looking to win should ahve great players regardless of antionality as their go to people. We do- but we have only 3 foreign go-to guys now. Nedved, Trezeguet and Thuram.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Re: Re: Question...

Glen said:
Well- that's a part of Juve's tradition. A part I think most Juve fans like, and most opponent fans respect (even if they hate it when said starlet happens to be one they consider their own of course :)).
Is it really? I got the impression that started with Moggi. Before that you did not have a stranglehold of Italian talent and before that the teams was forced to have many domestic players.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Thuram is pretty crap at the moment, Legrottaglie etc is getting all the blame but I havent heard much on how bad Thuram has been this whole season!!! He was reliable, not so sure at the moment!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Sometimes it feels like Milan has to go outside of Italy, even for Italians (Rino, Dalla Bona), because of Juventus stranglehold of all Italian talent.
The only hyped guys Milan were able to nab was a few from Atalanta and even then I was surprised we made it.
Anyways, Juventus seems to co-own everyone and it never surprises me when I learn that a talent I've heard so much about is already co-owned by Juventus.
Remember, I said, it feels so but when I think of it it's probably just very subjective because when it comes to big teams relying on Italian players, Milans current midfield and defense are dominated by Italians we bought in recent years.
The players most responsible for Milans return to the top, Pirlo and Nesta, are Italians. And then we have keyplayers like Pancaro, Maldini, Gatusso and Inzaghi (special mention to Ambrosini) that are also Italians but I think it's easy to look over it because of the extensive foreign (read: Brazilian:)) presence in our team.
However, it's nothing compared to the Italian pool Juventus has in the team and all the Italians they probably can snap into their ranks when the transfer window opens.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Question...

JKris said:
Is it really? I got the impression that started with Moggi. Before that you did not have a stranglehold of Italian talent and before that the teams was forced to have many domestic players.
Well that has something to do with it then dont you think? Only 3 foreigners were allowed and Juve is still perfering to use Italians before a foreign player.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question...

polaris said:
Well that has something to do with it then dont you think? Only 3 foreigners were allowed and Juve is still perfering to use Italians before a foreign player.
But I got the impression from Glen that this is some kind of tradition you always had, but in the past all teams that wanted to copmete HAD TO have great domestic players. So the tradition is no older than a couple of years or since Moggi came.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
INZA9HI said:

By comparing with other teams?we will find Juve always tracking Italian players
I want to ask why Athletic are depending on Basque players more than foreign ???

By comparing with other teams?we will find Athletic always tracking Basque players

:cool: :pp

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question...

JKris said:
But I got the impression from Glen that this is some kind of tradition you always had, but in the past all teams that wanted to copmete HAD TO have great domestic players. So the tradition is no older than a couple of years or since Moggi came.
Kris: 9 of the players who made the field in the WC 1982 final were Juventus players. Before Moggi arrived Juventus had 22 scudetti. Juventus have had by far the biggest number of Italian NT players in history.

It IS our tradition.

But that doesn't mean we've always had the best talents of course. Right now we rely more on Italians than all the other top clubs, but that doesn't mean we have the best. In fact- barring Buffon and Zambrotta all the first choice NT players are elsewhere. Doesn't change the fact that we rely on Italians before anything else.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question...

Glen said:
Kris: 9 of the players who made the field in the WC 1982 final were Juventus players. Before Moggi arrived Juventus had 22 scudetti. Juventus have had by far the biggest number of Italian NT players in history.

It IS our tradition.
But one gives another, I am sure all Italian teams in -82 would have the aim to have the best Italians. all would have that as policy. I am not saying you are wrong, just that to call that tradition when everyone HAD to have Italians feel a bit off.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Eh... sure.
But whichever way you loo at things- we have traditionally been the biggest providers for the NT since forever.

You could say that it was always so, and it didn't change just because of the foreigner regulations, although obviously we've always had great foreigners too when it was allowed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts