Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as many might know, I own several pairs of cleats. Yeah, I got a little too crazy back in the day :D but I decided to stop buying cleats for good until I wear off all my pairs and will hopefully keep it one pair a time from then on :D. This being said, I am trying to get rid, so to speak, of the boots I find less good first. They happen to be Nike Mercurial Vapors II. Now, I took a shower with them (was quite funny :D) because I heard and read it around that it does work, and after much thinking, I did it. It seems that now they strerched a bit more and the heel counter (the one that has been giving many troubles to many I hear) seems to have adpated. But does nayone know if it will remain this way? Or are there any other ways to make the shoes fit to my feet? As in stretch it a bit more? (especially the hard plastic heel thing) Thank you. :)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
If the boots are leather there are special sprays you can buy to spray on your boots which will help them strech but as the vapours aren't leather I doubt that'll work.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The Vapors are a synthetic material that really doesn't stretch much. I hope yo udidn't ruin them. :)

As for hte Vapors, its funny but I found them for 50% off and tried them on and found them to be the most uncomfortable thing ever. The sole seems molded so your foot fits perfectly but if the mold doesn't match your foot then the bumps are in all the wrong place. I hated them and did not buy them.

Any idea what happened? I like how light the shoes are, but I could not walk two feet in them much less run a football match.

Grass stains are tough but maybe try some bleach/water solution and a toothbrush. :)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I stopped buying cleats and will keep buying one pair a time from now on. It will take a while before I use them all but...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts