Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering the following issue:

How long is everybody on this forum a Laziale?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I reckon most people here weren't Lazio fans until either last season or the year before.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I think aswell Marcao, though, I dont have any regrets, but some are real fake!

I am a fan since the beginning nineties,
And if you are a loyal Laziale,

you must be proud of where we stand today
who we are nowadays
of the players we have got now
and what a name Lazio has become.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I cannot claim to have been a Lazio fan for long, only a few years, but to me it is not about how long you have been a Lazio fan but for how long you will be (i.e if you will disappear when Lazio's fortunes are not so great as they are now). For me, once you support a team that's it...there is no changing colours.

Lazio Forever :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Michel, I've been through the worst times as Laziale but when we are so near to be the best now, I think it's only understandable we want it all. No time to rest on our laurels I mean...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I am just replying to this topic because it interests me. My family is from Portugal, Porto to be specific and I would never even dream of supporting another club. Porto is my city and my team. No matter if I live in Montreal, Tokyo, Amsterdam et al...Porto is my city my team!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course, I totally get the point, I think the same of course.

I just meant with my reply, that one is to all those people who show no respect, and keep saying to sell him, and buy that guy.
They have got no idea how it was, like you said, the worst times, like Serie B.
And lately, that irritates me as hell.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
You're right of course that there are a lot of good-weather fans, but what can one do about it?

In Bob Dylan's words "I used to care, but things have changed" :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
yes the buy a superstar sell a superstar topics are quite annoying.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Youre right, things have changed.
Soccer has also become far too much economical, where it sometimes seems that the sponsors rule the club.

but to get back to the subject, I also was just wondering it from everybody, and it seems that this post has been visited already 35 times or so, and there are only 3 people replying to this, so....conclusions?

D

·
0 Posts
I've been a Lazio fan since I first went to Italy in 1994 and went to see Lazio-Cagliari in the Olimpico.Gascoigne was playing the same day and the fans were marvellous.They were singing for Signori"segna sempre lui !!"and for Casiraghi"E Casiraghi na na na na na na !!"I was in heaven !!The game ended 0-0 and on the way back to where I was staying I saw a gang of Laziali with a huge flag.My girlfriend had a camera so I decided not to miss this great oppurtunity !!I asked could I have a photo with them and the flag and they treated me like a long lost brother.From that day on my life changed forever.I may not be living in Italy now but I have family there and always go to see a game when I can.So that's my story.Hope you all like it !!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Since the mid 80's , 84-85 season, and that season we were relegated. Came back in 89, and in 92(?) we bought Beppe.

I don't live in Italy , I have only been there couple of times, I am not Italian, but still I love Serie A and Lazio, when something goes wrong for Lazio, I have the worst time of life, and when something good happens, it's like passing a MCP exam.

V

·
0 Posts
i started following italian fotboll the season 88-89, mainly because van basten had gone from ajax to milan. after a while i began to discover lazio because of their unbelieveble offensive play in olimpico. i think it was when zeman was coach, season 92-93 something, with signori, fuser, winter. lazio just played an enormous offensive thrilling fotboll that was hard to resist.

when van basten stopped playing i began follow lazio more and more. when svennis then became coach, being swedish, it became annother band and more close to lazio.
annother good thing is the webb. now i can find almost any information, any time of day that i want. it´s a huge difference from three, four years ago. If i wanted to find out about the team, status, injuries mm, i had to rely on extremely dull swedish news rapports which mainly focused on goddamn casting or trainspotting, whatever.

now i can follow my team i don´t have to rely on swedish tv, magazines, the occasional tvsending of a game, i against all odds actually wanted to see.

so what i want to say is that it´s so much easier to follow a team today. this might account for the fact we have much more followers today. you don´t have to live in italy, read the gazzetta (mainly understand italian) to be able to follow a team.

marco

it ain´t over til the fat lady sings

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just got back....
Michel, a few weeks ago me and Reale were almost literally killed on this forum for posting messages of this type, but I can't help it, I'm very curious about these things.
By some of their posts it seems that they(not everyone, you know yourselves) have very little knowledge of SS LAZIO and ITS history!
I myself am a Lazio fan since I was a child, when I first was introduced to this magnificent sport! About 23-24 years ago!
Through good times and bad times...remember the playoff match to stay in serie B?

LAZIO E BASTA!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have been into football since Maradonas show in 86 but I have only been a Lazio fan for the last 4 - 5 years. I always loved football on a national level but since my sport was always tennis ( I wish I had the same feeling for the ball with my feet as I have with a racket :( ) I never really followed football on a club level.

Summer 94 and sweden ( my country ) had a great run in the WC ( finishing third ) and Brolin went to Parma after that competition. I started following Parma but never really liked their style of play and then in 95 I saw a Lazio game and BAAAAAAAM :) love at first sight. Ever since then I have been a Lazio fan but I have to thank the internet for constantly keeping me updated and no other site does it better then Mattias.

It´s funny with sports you can´t explain why you start to like a team but for me it was always the way Lazio played a top team - with no respect ( at least since the mid 90s ). Today we have more to loose and our game is much more tactical and I agree with Cecco that we have been spoiled with success the last couple of years if you look back at how things where.

Cragnotti deserves so much respect and love for what he has done and is doing to Lazio.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i am a laziale in ninetiens

M

·
0 Posts
im only 17 but ive been following lazio for 6 years now !!!!!!!!!!

VIVA LA LAZIO!!!!!!!!! :)

D

·
0 Posts
I AM ONLY 17 .But i am lazio fan last 5 years
On this forum i am only for few months because i was not conected on internet.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was born in Madrid and lived there until I was six. I directly became a supporter of Atletico.
Now I live in Antwerp, Belgium and I support my home team (Royal Antwerp FC)

I started to know Lazio because they made me lose lots of money ( ignorant bets :) ) and because of the transfers between Lazio and Atletico Madrid ( Vieri,...)

--> My soul is in Atletico
--> I go to see Antwerp (although they suck nowaday)
--> I have lots of sympatie and interest in Lazio ( and I already saw Feyenoord - Lazio)

I can't call myself a 'real' supporter ( whatever that is) but maybe one day I become one

ADRIAAN
_______
And all pray for me and Gil Y Gil. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts