Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday there were some games in the second division in spain. One of the teams playing was Real Madrid B.
Now my question is, can Real Madrid B if they win most matches and end up first or second in their division be promoted to the first division where Real Madrid (the main team) is?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so hold on a second. If lets say Madrid B are in second place in the end, they get ommitted and the team thats behind them is considered second place?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Barca my LOVE said:
so for madrid b there is no chance to play in la liga even if real madrid will relegate and B team will win segunda??
Correct.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
thats stupid. so whats the point of this players play or giveing their all if it won't matter at the end?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Xabi Alonso said:
thats stupid. so whats the point of this players play or giveing their all if it won't matter at the end?

It's great for a B team player to be in Segunda. It's a professional division, it's also a national division (Segunda B is divided in zones), it has a better TV coverage. But as I said, the main goal of a young player is to play in the first team, or at least in Primera, if it's possible.

I think it's good the young players can play with "men" since an early age. Also the C teams play in senior divisions (Segunda B/Tercera). It's a better way to mature. You should see where Messi was playing last year.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Okay, another question!
Can players that are registered to play for Real Madrid B, also play for the first team, or do they have to stay in the B team?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Custard Slice said:
Okay, another question!
Can players that are registered to play for Real Madrid B, also play for the first team, or do they have to stay in the B team?
They can promote in any moment. But whenever they play a certain amount of games with the first team (10, I think), they can't go back to the B team. Look Soldado, he is usually playing in Segunda, where he's the Pichichi, but he played some games in Primera with Real Madrid.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Xabi Alonso said:
Why is it stupid? If the 'B' team is so good, then their players will promote to the first team, it's their goal, in Madrid and anywhere.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It is quite an odd system.

Using this current example, If Madrid finished bottom of the league, and Madrid B finished top of the Segunda, why couldn't they just swap places? That wouldn't represent a conflict of interest because they would both be in different leagues and if Madrid got promoted the next season, they could simply swap places again, so that Madrid woud go up to the top league and the B team would go back to Segunda.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Bad planning and bad policy.... on a sporting point.

Real could have secured another club via another entity, that allows free competition within segunda onwards, backwards.

...... but they might already have a few clubs already ... quietly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts