Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, sorry to intrude in your club forum.

I'm flying out to Rome for a few nights tomorrow and I'm looking for somewhere to watch Liverpool v Chelsea.

Any suggestions? One of the Irish bars maybe?

Any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Hey Jonny.You can certainly watch the game at Finnegans Pub.Though,I better warn you its a mad Celtic pub.They have British Sky,so all the Scots and Irish go to watch the football there.Its in Via Leonina.Here's the link,FINNEGAN

As you can see,they are already advertising the game.BTW,ask for Simon.He is from Glasgow,a good mate of mine. :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's it like though? Don't mind an Irish pub and also don't mind a Celtic pub but if it's a Republican or IRA pub then it's not really the kind of place I like to spend my money in.(And going with the girl so it can't be too rough)

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help! :)

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Jonny said:
What's it like though? Don't mind an Irish pub and also don't mind a Celtic pub but if it's a Republican or IRA pub then it's not really the kind of place I like to spend my money in.(And going with the girl so it can't be too rough)

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help! :)
Its not at all a bitter pub,its a banter pub.Remember,some of the local Italians use it.Honestly,yous will both like it.Even if you tell them you like the Gers,all you will get is some friendly banter. :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will keep it in mind then m8. Gonna have a good time regardless! :shades: Cheers.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
You could also try this ONE
Personally,I have NOT been there,so I do not know if they have British or Italian Sky.Let us know on this thread how you get on in Rome.I would definitely buy some gear from one of these stores There is even a map that tells you how to get to one of them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always buy some football gear on my travels and due to Lazio's affiliation with Paolo Di Fanio it only leaves once choice :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your help. :)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for all your help last week. The trip was amazing as is the city of Rome. Going to book to go back for a week next year as we only managed to see Trevi Fountain, Colloseum, Spanish Steps, Forum & Palatine Hill. So much to do in so little time.

Ended up watching both CL games in the hotel :shades:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts