Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we've topped our group with maestria :stuckup::shades: we are awaiting the draw for the next round. The draw is to be made this friday and the 1/8 finals will be in February 2005.

What are the possible opponents that we could face?
And who do you want? And who to avoid?

I'd love to face Los Galacticos or Man Yoo. :tongue:
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter who we will face as we are Milan after all and it should be the other way around: others should be affraid of facing :devil: MILAN :devil: :stuckup:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!:star::devil: :proud::cool:

Cheers.;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
Now that we've topped our group with maestria :stuckup::shades: we are awaiting the draw for the next round. The draw is to be made this friday and the 1/8 finals will be in February 2005.

What are the possible opponents that we could face?
And who do you want? And who to avoid?

I'd love to face Los Galacticos or Man Yoo. :tongue:
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter who we will face as we are Milan after all and it should be the other way around: others should be affraid of facing :devil: MILAN :devil: :stuckup:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!:star::devil: :proud::cool:

Cheers.;)
I'm old school. The weaker the better. :stuckup:
Certainly Man Utd is a team I would like to avoid. :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
i agree with payman this time.

we tend to under-estimate 'weaker' opponents. back in 02-03 CL season we played put our best performances against teams like Bayern and Real Madrid.

Last season we SEEMED to have a good draw, but we won difficultly against Sparta Praga and lost to Depor...all attributed to our complacency.

We don't fear Real/Man Utd. In contrast, teams like PSV, Werder or Porto are likely to cause upsets to any 'giants'.

I say, Bring on the galaticos or Red Devil. I have faith on :star: MILAN :star: :stuckup:

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Well, if we draw either ManU or Real the odds are very good that the matches will be shown in the USA, so I say bring em on.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
RIO said:
Well, if we draw either ManU or Real the odds are very good that the matches will be shown in the USA, so I say bring em on.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

P.S. Satanus should go forward ;)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'd rather see a not so strong team, as Diavolo said 'the weaker the better',
if this is possible at this stage of the competition

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
easily real as i will get to see it then

i would love

real, followed by man u, followed by barca, and then in the final something intresting, like oh lets say juve again :)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I would love to see Milan play Real Madrid, should they manage to go thru to the next round (looks like it as Roma will bench all good players in the game, I smell conspiracy...:()

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The round of 16 is usually better with a lighter opponent but from the QF onwards the tougher the better.

PSV would be a good draw. Werder a bad one. Olimpiacos a tricky one considering this is their best season in Europe. Porto a good draw. Bayern an unpredictable draw. Liverpool a dangerous draw. United an uncomfortable draw and Real an ok draw.

On the flip side anybody drawing Milan won't be smiling so that can be taken as a good sign :D Milan is like the X-Mas present nobody wants but somebody will get! :devil: Kind of like drawing the shortest straw.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
That would be my pick ;)
Mine too and that is the reason PSV came to my mind instantly. ;)

Milan, Juve, Barca, Inter & Chelsea are horror draws for the other teams.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Payman, you sure the draw is this Friday ? it is not on Eurosport and they always show the draws.

btw, Milan v Liverpool or United would be good, Chelsea v Barca and RM v Arsenal, them are the ties i hope for the English clubs. ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
btw, Milan v Liverpool or United would be good, Chelsea v Barca and RM v Arsenal, them are the ties i hope for the English clubs. ;)
That is because you only want arsenal to go trough.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Payman, you sure the draw is this Friday ? it is not on Eurosport and they always show the draws.
It's next week actually, good call Jern... Friday 17th of December, 12 CET.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Haroon said:
Olimpiacos a tricky one considering this is their best season in Europe.
It's Olympiakos.
I just PRAY every day Milan faces Olympiakos in the 1/8 finals! The first match will be played in Piraeus, Milan will come with a full strength team here and I will be able to watch all our stars LIVE, that's a DREAM! Please pray with me for an Olympiakos-Milan clash! Milan will not have problems for qualifying, the atmosphere in the stadium is perfect, many people here just love italians and also some italian beauties will be in the stadium!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MR Aigner bring Milan to Greece!

PS: Of course all this if we qualify tonight, the match is extremely tough as we have to at least draw in Liverpool to qualify. My choice is we lose 2-1 and Monaco draws in Spain. This way Olympiakos and Liverpool qualify (I have a soft spot for LFC too, yeah!)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts