Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joao Moutinho's eye-catching displays against Middlesbrough and Newcastle United in the Uefa Cup have not gone unnoticed.
With rumours rife that the 18-year-old is one of the lowest paid performers at Sporting, even though the Lisbon outfit plan to offer him a new deal in the summer, Premiership clubs are tempted to make a move.
According to Portuguese sources, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Merseyside duo Everton and Liverpool have all been alerted to his potential.
The defensive midfielder was part of the Sporting side that defeated Middlesbrough in both legs and also played in the narrow 1-0 defeat to Newcastle last week.
Thursday's return leg in Lisbon will enable the Premiership suitors to take another look at Moutinho, who is already a Portugal Under-21 international.
Another impressive display by the teenager will only increase the interest from England in his services.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
If they were making a point of evaluating this kid on the second leg, then they must be preparing the offers this minute. He was the best player in the match, driving the Sporting victory, and he' only 18.

Hopefully, Sporting will hold on to him for at least a few more seasons.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
He'll probably stay another season, but unless United want him I don't see him going to England, maybe Italy or Spain but with United having first option I don't see him going to England. I know I wouldn't want Moutinho competing against my team... (especially getting the opportunity to choose)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
It's too early to speculate.

The kid has been very impressive, but his current form could just be an abberation. Let's see if he wins a spot in the starting 11 next year. If he can maintain this level of performance without burning out, then the $$$$ will surely come knocking.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Tinto said:
It's too early to speculate.

The kid has been very impressive, but his current form could just be an abberation. Let's see if he wins a spot in the starting 11 next year. If he can maintain this level of performance without burning out, then the $$$$ will surely come knocking.
I think nearly 4 months performing at top level is enough to remove some doubts about him. But I agree, it's too early to speculate.

·
Registered
607 Posts
hope he stays with sporting and develops before he leaves, imagine if they had sold ronaldo after the euros, if this kid turns into something special then they can make some real money in the future. rather then a couple mil now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts