Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
One team with amazing first touch control and no central forward presence against a team with no first touch flow and big central forward presence

Another question is whether this is the game Brazil's defensively garbage full backs get burned for goals...

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Still not convinced by Brazil though. Both teams are pretty mediocre for being top teams. Brazil has butter for full backs, practically no midfield or central forward options. They'll need to be really good defensively to win on the counter.

·
¯\(°_o)/¯
5,479 Posts
It'll come down to daily form, who will have their head on straight, and like Andy said, the ones who'll take their chances. Belgium showed tonight, they're not easily broken. First time I felt some character from them. Not so sure Brasil could've come back from the same situation. But I didn't think Belgium could either.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Belgium conceded two goals, got a little tight with the focus on finishing but certainly didn't panic. They kept creating opportunities, one after another and didn't freak out about the time or anything. Perhaps if Casemiro weren't suspended I'd go with Brazil since he takes pressure off Brazil's old centerbacks. But missing him may be a huge blow since their offensive midfielders don't do as much defensive work and Belgium will create more counter attack opportunities. Belgium isn't perfect either though. Since I picked a Belgium-Croatia final for the KO stages I have to stick to that choice. 2-1 Belgium.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
On the other hand that is the 3rd time they have scored 3 goals in a game, while Brazil is yet to do it. For some reason i can see Belgium win in the style of Netherlands in 2010 - using a short momentum in which Brazil team loses its head.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
On the other hand that is the 3rd time they have scored 3 goals in a game, while Brazil is yet to do it. For some reason i can see Belgium win in the style of Netherlands in 2010 - using a short momentum in which Brazil team loses its head.
They don't need to. Solid defense. After that, you just need a couple of players to perform in attack.

Tite did well with team's organization. If he picks the right players (DC if fit, Firmino who's better than Jesus at everything except dribbling, Paulinho is fine b/c he does well defensively), it'll become a hard team to stop.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I think Brazil will win

Brazil remind me of Italy 06

Did not really impress in the group stages but when it mattered they came up with the goods.

Also they have extra motivation to wipe away the bad memories from Belo Horizonte 4 years ago

·
Registered
33,507 Posts
I think Brazil will win

Brazil remind me of Italy 06

Did not really impress in the group stages but when it mattered they came up with the goods.

Also they have extra motivation to wipe away the bad memories from Belo Horizonte 4 years ago
Yeah kinda looks set for Brazil.

They seem solid enough and Neymar and Coutinho should deliver attacking wise.

·
Registered
43,392 Posts
i think on paper Belgium probably has the best squad in the world. What they dont have is .. .DNA ;) You can see versus japan that they were overwhelmed by the occasion, got nervous and stiff. Unlike Brazil who were absolutely 100% confident and convinced they are winning versus Mexico and their body language was showing that since min 1. Its a big thing on that big stage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think on paper Belgium probably has the best squad in the world. What they dont have is .. .DNA ;) You can see versus japan that they were overwhelmed by the occasion, got nervous and stiff. Unlike Brazil who were absolutely 100% confident and convinced they are winning versus Mexico and their body language was showing that since min 1. Its a big thing on that big stage.
I think jersey history does not weight as much as it used to.

·
Administrator
29,318 Posts
Belgium is really one good at one thing and it happens that this thing can hurt us, which is Hazard in our right side. Otherwise, they do not even have the middefield presence other teams have...

1 - 20 of 192 Posts