Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
June 22th 2008 (20:45 CET) in Vienna

Our performance really poor until, no real field goal. Spain looking much more better team at this moment with on-form their strikers

Only positive thing is Spain have quarter final jinx:smileani:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Without Pirlo and a Toni that can't score sitters? We are ****ed. Just hope it's not a blow out loss like the Holland game.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Yeah...Pirlo being out sucks really really bad. Regarding Toni you gotta think he is due a goal though...hopefully vs Spain.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah...Pirlo being out sucks really really bad. Regarding Toni you gotta think he is due a goal though...hopefully vs Spain.
enough is enough. he had 3 games, 270 minutes of f*ck ups !

time for boriello, yes even in such an important game, i'm willing to gamble on him ! that says enough

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Any other striker you sub in for Toni would not acquire even half the chances Toni is able to get. Toni is a master at body position and aerial positioning. A guy like Pippo, even though I love him, would not see the ball half as much as Toni.

The problem is that he's simply not finishing but I'm willing to bet he'll hit against Spain.
Exactly :thumbsup:

All of you complaing about Toni should read this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any other striker you sub in for Toni would not acquire even half the chances Toni is able to get. Toni is a master at body position and aerial positioning. A guy like Pippo, even though I love him, would not see the ball half as much as Toni.

The problem is that he's simply not finishing but I'm willing to bet he'll hit against Spain.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think Toni has actually been quite good... just that he has been unlucky too... I mean some of them chances are just missing the post... eventually 1 will fly inside the post.

Maybe too soon to satrt thinking of teams, but hell...

Buffon; Zambrotta, Panucci, Chiellini, Grosso; De Rossi, Ambrosini; Camoranesi, Perrotta, Cassano; Toni.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I predicted that Italy would manage to make to the finals, and I'm sticking to it. Spain look very lackluster in the defense, so I think we'll edge them out 1-0. It won't be easy without Pirlo, but we'll do it. Hopefully Aquilani starts.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think Aquilani will enter in the second half, but I cant see Donadoni starting all 4 avaailable midfielders in this one... so he will sit... Perrotta will play support man, Camo will play rightish and Ambro and De Rossi in midfield.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can we see all three roma midfield in this game?

------------Perrotta----De Rossi----Aquilani

Mobile, hard work, creative, shooting:pp

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I hope to see:

---------------------Buffon-------------------

Zambrotta----Panucci------Chiellini------Grosso

----Camoranesi------De Rossi-------Aquilani----

---------Cassano---------------Di Natale------

----------------------Toni--------------------

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
"If you cant beat 'em, join 'em", so that's exactly what I'm going to do. Before tonight I wanted Italy to go through if France couldnt, and now that they have I certainly hope the Azzurri can defeat the Spanish.

A big shame Pirlo cannot play considering that he was the best player on the field in the first half. Several penetrating passes that created some good goalscoring opportunities. If Italy are going to win I think the key is going to be Perrotta and Camoranesi's off the ball movement and runs forward in and around the box. The angles they can create for whoever is on the ball and the markers that they can pull out will not be easy for a very underwhelming Spanish backline.

Wouldnt surprise me to see Toni score either.

·
Registered
825 Posts
PIRLO IS A BIG LOSS!!!! BUT GATTUSO THE WAY HE HAS BEEN PLAYING AINT A BIG LOSS. WE HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYING THAT WELL BUT I DID SEE US TRYING TO BREAK OUT OF THE SLUMP AGAINST FRANCE. HOPEFULLY WE WILL SCORE AND PLAY WELL AGAINST SPAIN. PS DEFINITELY SHOULD START CASSANO BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I hope to see:

---------------------Buffon-------------------

Zambrotta----Panucci------Chiellini------Grosso

----Camoranesi------De Rossi-------Aquilani----

---------Cassano---------------Di Natale------

----------------------Toni--------------------
This will not be the team, not v Spain.

Donadoni, me and even you guys should just resign tot he fact that Spain will have the ball for about 60% of the match or more... but that we can quickly pounce on them and be very dynamic. Toni's power is the most important aspect here, but also the support of Perrotta (its why he needs to play) and Cassano... hopefully we can stay solid, play quite deep... but also be able to counter well...

Not forgetting Spain has 2 very quick forwards so playing a more defensive and deep lying game can work better.

·
Registered
17,593 Posts
Wow a lot of idiots in this thread already...

Next game:

Exactly like Deano except Aquilani maybe for Ambrosini who was shit today, a really unskilled player. Massimo could be needed though....

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think Toni has actually been quite good... just that he has been unlucky too... I mean some of them chances are just missing the post... eventually 1 will fly inside the post.

Maybe too soon to satrt thinking of teams, but hell...

Buffon; Zambrotta, Panucci, Chiellini, Grosso; De Rossi, Ambrosini; Camoranesi, Perrotta, Cassano; Toni.
I'm guessing that will probably be the team.........I would go with Aquilani instead of Perrotta though and play De Rossi behind Aquilani and Ambrosini or like you have and just stick Aquilani in the trequartista role. Hopefully Camoranesi can have a great game like he did in the friendly against spain

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Nice line-up Romanista

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
This will not be the team, not v Spain.
I know Donadoni won't field that team, but thats what I'd like to see. Is it too offensive in your opinion?

1 - 20 of 645 Posts