0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-0 to either side.

Discuss.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
This is the QF match I'm looking forward to the most.

Both teams are defense-oriented teams, but England's defense is stronger. Italy will be vulnerable to counterattacks from Gerrard. On the other hand, Italy's midfield will likely control most of the match.

It looks like most UK bookmakers indicate that Italy has a slight advantage. I personally think that England has a slight advantage.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
3 out of 4 goals for italy came from a set piece, a problem for England as proven against sweden...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Gonna be a tiresome mental game this one.

Italy have the edge in terms of tradition and being at this occasion.

England have a slight edge tactically on the pitch with the donkey Milner.

Milner is a donkey player at this level. Everyone knows that, even his mother. But he is essential in this jigsaw, because England fields him and can dictate the way the team is gonna go.

If he is on the team he can do many functions on the pitch. He can do the dirty work, he can overlap in the right (although poorly). He can be the third man in midfield closing down the middle.

More importantly, when the second half comes and the players are tired, Woy always has a card up his sleeve with Chamberlain (who was poor today) or Walcott (who was also poor). He can always play that card, specially if the Italian manager advances one of his players early (no likely due to Italian traditions etc..)

Anyway, tough game for both teams. Pretty even, Italy have more tradition on this occasion and England have this advantage up the sleeve.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
italyhave this. Better keeper n better mids...but engurland can def whip in sublime crosses so who knows...anyways , italy 2-1

·
Administrator
52,843 Posts
I unfortunately forsee Englands defensive organisation narrowly edging it out vs Italy's good intentions and plays that tend to lack killing blow, unless its set pieces.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
If we can get past the habbit of seemingly getting complacent then we have a great chance of beat England.

FORZA ITALIA!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
My prediction is up above, but for the sake of entertainment, I hope for an early goal. Otherwise, it'd be a match of a two teams parking the bus. Hopefully there is an early goal. Or may be two.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
the teams which i don't want to face each other in the this tournament since i want any of them to win the title. it's my favourite match in the QF easily.

may the best to win. i just voted for england anyway.

so excited.

·
Don
902 Posts
My prediction is up above, but for the sake of entertainment, I hope for an early goal. Otherwise, it'd be a match of a two teams parking the bus. Hopefully there is an early goal. Or may be two.
Italy are not nearly as pragmatic as they are made to be, they've played some positive and exciting football so far but just not taken their chances. England may park the bus but I'm sure Italy will go for it, problem is how they've been fading in each of the 2nd halfs

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Xxavi making Italy sound defensive when in truth we even attacked Spain twice now in the friendly and Euro first match. Spain obviously got on top in the end, but Itaky weren't defensive. Spain passing sideways 1000 times just can't be helped sometimes.

Bad thing about supporting Italy but also being English is the media and my mates of course, and ignorance that can be shown. If I hear about Italy being defensive after how England have been the past years I'll :palm:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Xxavi making Italy sound defensive when in truth we even attacked Spain twice now in the friendly and Euro first match. Spain obviously got on top in the end, but Itaky weren't defensive. Spain passing sideways 1000 times just can't be helped sometimes.

Bad thing about supporting Italy but also being English is the media and my mates of course, and ignorance that can be shown. If I hear about Italy being defensive after how England have been the past years I'll :palm:
Same boat as you, It's certainly a tedious affair.

Born and raised in England to an Italian mother, so Italy have always been my nation.

1 - 20 of 514 Posts