1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
France to win in extra time. 2-1

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Spain have struggled against France in major tournaments so it shouldn't be viewed as an upset if France win, especially when Del Bosque is killing the talent of this Spanish team :palm:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yes, if Spain pussyfoot around and start without a striker again, France can make them pay.

For one, they won't have as much possession as they enjoyed in the group games with this bizarre tactic as France know how to keep ball too, and secondly France are also a much better counter attacking team than any opponent Spain has faced so far.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I fancy Spain because afrance defence is just poor and they still try to play, exposing it.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Spain gonna rattle in the goals :scared:

Whos gonna replace Mexes in central defence?
Laurent Koscielny I assume.

Spain to win this, France's defense is too poor and the midfield isn't good enough to better Spain's. As long as del Bosque doesn't do anything crazy, it should be a Spanish win.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Last time those met, Spain was cruising in the WC 2006 and France was coming form a difficult group. Then France won.

Alhthough Spain should go through, but they need to play better.

They pass the ball all day with no strike punch. That will still cost them in the tournament, as they don't have Messi to bail them out.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
IMHO they lost to Zidane, not so much to France at the WC 2006. After Zidane retired that French NT went crap. But this new squad is still much better than the 2010 WC French team and Spain will have to earn their goals the tough way. I'm thinking a 2-1 for Spain but an upset would definitely not be surprising since France is an offensive-minded team.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
A duel of my two favorite teams.

Needless to say, Spain is more of a team, they are more confident and can strike at any given time.

On the other hand, France will have to rely on the super forms of Benzema-Nasri-Ribery to cause damage to Spanish defense, who was rather fragile against Croatia.

Another interesting encounter that should not be missed at any cost.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
France defense is poor but France are extremely dangerous on the counter. Their attack has so much pace.

I think Spain will strangle France with 4-5-1 first, then Del Bosque will go to 4-6-0 and France will score on the counter.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I hope Spain play with a striker, in that case I think they'll win comfortably.

Otherwise, a nervous, narrow win.

1 - 20 of 409 Posts