Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO, it's been pretty poor. Anyone agree? For me, there really is no side capable of playing good football consistently this year.

-Fener, although they are top, have been nothing special and have depended heavily on the individual abilities of their players, particularly the Brazilians.

-GS are very average this year :depress: , but at least we're not as crap as last year. :finger: It says something about the state of the league that we are somehow in second place and in contention for the title.

- BJK have been a disaster at times and have only really put together a few good performances.

-TS started well but now have faded and don't look likely at all to challenge for the championship, although they still have a chance.

-There hasn't been any real flash team this year. Sides like Gaziantep and Ankaraspor were playing some nice stuff early on but have hit hard times.

- Some team hardly look like they know how to play football at times. Watching Diyarbakir try to play against Fener last weekend was particularly hard on the eyes, for example.

- Results in Europe have been horrible. TS fell practically at the first hurdle in both the CL qualifiers and the UEFA Cup. Gencler fell at the first hurdle in UEFA against a mediocre Greek team. Fener have been largely outclassed in the CL (except against a Poborsky-less Sparta). BJK did well to beat Bilbao but otherwise have not had any good results in UEFA.

I don't know what happened this year, but hopefully things improve for the rest of this season and next year, b/c at the moment I don't see our league among the top 10 or 12 best in the world, which is where I believe it would normally belong....

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
What is the difference with this season and the last 3-4 seasons for you too call it a poor season.....?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
:howler:

I just find it very funny that when Fenerbahce plays the best football in years people keep calling this season a poor season....:D

Actually, this is Fenerbahce's best league start since like the 50's...:D

2 seasons ago winning two games in the C.L. (with the possibility of a third win) would be considered a good performace.....but when Fenerbahce does it....it's being outclassed...:D

Remember that Fenerbahce was the first Turkish team to beat Sparta away....and yes even without Hooijdonk....;)

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
What did GS and BJK get in the CL last season? Was it 4 points and 7 points?

Add to that the fact we still have a game to play against Man Utd, which in our current form and taking all revenge/pride issues into it, we should get something out of..

I guess the league was much better in quality with a BJK side in a similar state to the current Fener side leading it, eh? Come to think of it, weren't they even further ahead than we are right now? :D

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Cengo said:

I just find it very funny that when Fenerbahce plays the best football in years people keep calling this season a poor season....:D

Actually, this is Fenerbahce's best league start since like the 50's...:D

2 seasons ago winning two games in the C.L. (with the possibility of a third win) would be considered a good performace.....but when Fenerbahce does it....it's being outclassed...:D

Remember that Fenerbahce was the first Turkish team to beat Sparta away....and yes even without Hooijdonk....;)
I don't think this has been a good season for turkish football either. I was expecting Fener to progress from their CL group, but they got the uefa cup place instead and that is decent.
Trabzonspor were a big dissapointment. They played some good football but they still lost when it mattered. Besiktas has only played one good game in the Uefa cup so far and Genclerbirligi lost even though they couldn't have had a much easier opponent. On top of all that our National team has only won 1 game this season. It is very hard to be an optimist with these results.
So none of our teams have done what was expected from them, maybe except for Fenerbahce.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Last three years have been a decline, but this year we are in worse positon. We have champions and league leaders getting trashed with 6-2 and loosing three times against better teams and saying bye bye to CL when one game is left, we have Trabzon getting out of their competition very early. We have Besiktas playing like crap and most probably going out in a group of mediocre teams. We have national team winning only one game. Our other UEFA teams got out in their first games.

In the league Non of the big threes have played any good football so fare with the exeption of maybe 1-2 games.

Last year was little better, despite that our NT ****ed up against Latvia we had two teams in spring season in UEFA and teams like G.Antep did play couple of good games, Gala was still in UEFA untill christmas i think but the quality of Superlig was as bad as this year. Gala was doing nothing, Fener was never satisfying and Besiktas had its breakdown in spring. in Gencler in the league was also a dissapointment. Also Besiktas were close to getting to next phrase untill last minute on CL.

Three years ago, we had Besiktas playing in quarter finals in UEFA and Denizli who also survived untill spring. In the league Besiktas and Genclerbirligi were playing well while Gala was acceptable.

So yes the last three years, our Superlig teams have been in decline, it just gets worse and worse, i hope that things will chance, especially in europe...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:howler::howler:

You Fener fans are really funny. It's amazing how biased and defensive you guys are.

First of all, I didn't say that the Süperlig is poor this year just because of Fener. Read my post again while remembering that the Süperlig does not =
only Fener. ;)

Second of all, I can't believe that you think you have had a good campaign in the CL just because you have twice beaten a Sparta side (by 1 goal each time) without their captain and their only real class player, Poborsky. Sparta without him are easily one of the weakest sides in the whole CL. Both BJK and Denizli have beaten them at home in recent year and to beat them away thanks to a lucky own goal and some terrible finishing by their strikers is no great feat, I'm sorry. Certainly, it's nothing along the lines of beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (BJK last year) or even beating Parma in Italy (Gencler last year) or smashing Lens in France ( Antep last year).

In your other 3 matches, you have shipped 13 goals :eekani: and lost each game by at least two goals. That's called being outclassed. Whether or not you are too biased to accept that is your problem.

Thirdly, you are doing so well in the league not because you are playing good football (which you clearly are not), but because the rest of the league is so poor this year as I have said. I've watched almost all Fener matches this year and for me it's clear that you are the best side in the league, but that really doesn't say much for your actual standard of football. You usually turn in a team performance anywhere within the range of subpar to decent and you end up winning, often thanks to the individual abilities of your Brazilians.

IF we bring up the BJK side of a couple year ago as you have, I can definitely say that was a side that played much better team football and deserved to win the league comfortably. They didn't have a player with the individual brilliance of an Alex (although Sergen was excellent for them) or even a guy like Aurelio to cover the whole park, but they played very cohesive team football and no one doubted that they were worthy champions in the end.

Anyway, I think I've made a pretty good case why I believe the league is poor this year. If you look at the things I mentioned in my first post and compare with previous seasons, it's pretty clear.

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
I see no difference between now, and this time last season, and I find it ridiculous to compare a finished season with the current ongoing season..

If you want to compare, compare it to this time last year.. ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
There is so much to be said.....but it seems like we going in circles....i could bring up facts to defend my case in my usual way....but being a gs fan you will overlook it as always!:)

And i really dont want to discuss football with someone who says Fenerbahce is not playing good fottball....yani olayda art niyet var.....;)

Hanim dikkat et......haftaya kocan geliyor! :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cengo said:
There is so much to be said.....but it seems like we going in circles....i could bring up facts to defend my case in my usual way....but being a gs fan you will overlook it as always!:)
Not at all b/c I'm not as biased a supporter as you are. If my team sucks, I'll say it and if our rivals are doing well I'll give credit where it's due. I'm not really into the whole GS-Fener BS where in order to support GS you have to hate Fener and vice versa. Honestly, I don't care that much about Fener b/c I know we're on another level from you guys football-wise. So, by all means present your "facts". :)

Cengo said:
And i really dont want to discuss football with someone who says Fenerbahce is not playing good fottball....yani olayda art niyet var.....;)
That's not surprising. It's normal that you would only want to talk football with Fener fans, because I can tell you that no one else thinks Fener are playing good football.

Cengo said:
Hanim dikkat et......haftaya kocan geliyor! :D
Bakalim, oglum, bakalim.... :devil:

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
To an extent, there's truth to what you tried to say..

But for you to try and imply that the only reason Fener is winning games is because everyone else sucks is ridiculous, and I hope you understand this..

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never tried to imply that, Tolga. That would be a stupid and unbalanced argument which would make me seem like a Fener hater.

I did imply that Fener is winning so many games so comfortably mostly because the league as a whole is relatively weaker than in past years AND because of the superior individual abilities of certain Fener players (i.e. Alex, Aurelio).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts