Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
69,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the squad selected by Cico...
Goalkeepers: Tomislav Butina (Club Brugge) Joseph Didulica (Austria Vienna)
Defenders: Igor Tudor (Siena) Mario Tokic (GAK) Stjepan Tomas (Galatasary) Robert Kovac (Bayern Munich) Josip Simunic (Hertha Berlin) Anthony Seric (Lazio)
Midfielders: Darijo Srna (Shakhtar) Ivan Bosnjak (Dinamo Zagreb) Marko Babic (Bayer Leverkusen) Danijel Pranjic (Dinamo Zagreb) Niko Kovac (Hertha Berlin) Jurica Vranjes (Stuttgart) Ivan Leko (Hajduk Split) Jerko Leko (Hajduk Split) Niko Kranjcar (Hajduk Split)
Forwards: Dado Prso (Rangers) Ivan Klasnic (Werder Bremen) Ivica Olic (CSKA Moscow) Eduardo Da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
yeah, like, whatever..

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Whats up with Pletikosa he used to be one of the best goalies in the Balkans and now he is not even the top goalie on the Croatia NT? was he injured or does he suck now?

·
Registered
69,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stipe Pletikosa, Dario Simic, Mario Bazina and Sasa Bjelanovic will be the replacement players in case of injury.
Against Iceland, Robert Kovac and Marko Babic are suspended because of yellow cards.
Both matches will be played in Maksimir :rolleyes: way to HNS, nice to see the NT getting a chance to play "ALL OVER THE COUNTRY" :rolleyes:
The refs..for Iceland it will be Jerome Damon from South Africa :wth: and for Malta Costas Kapitanis from Cyprus

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Why do we have both Seric and Pranjic as well as Babic called up for these 2 games? They are all roughly the same position and put together are not as good as Rapajic(Babic excempted of course but even he couldn't compare to Rapajic when he is on his game)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
i think rapaic in a 3-5-2 would be a catastrophe, he is slow and has low defensive skills.
but the wingers in our formation got a lot of defesive duties, there is nobody to cover their back like in a 4-4-2. Both (Pranjic, Seric) were called up because Pranjic played bad in the israel game and Seric was never tested by Kranjcar, a second reason is that Babic can't play against iceland and if our only left winger gets injured, well not so good...

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
the qualifications are a uefa-competition, why did we get a african referee ?
is any other quali. match lead by a non-uefa referee ? i get headache when i remember the asian refrees at the japan-korea wc. :wth:

·
©
7,230 Posts
50 Lipa said:
i think rapaic in a 3-5-2 would be a catastrophe, he is slow and has low defensive skills.
Agree. But, like, whatever!

I thought one of these games is supposed to be in Osijek?

I think they should play a game in Slunj.:D

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Slunj doesn't have a soccer field, does it? I thought was just one of those towns people stop at to buy cigarettes on there way to Dalmacija...

PS, Pranjic couldn't lace Rapaic's boots...

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
I always wonder why the Croatia NT plays in Zagreb rather then Split, is it because Zagreb is the capital or what? i mean Poljud is far better then Maksimir more modern plus its larger at least it looks like it.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
We have to win both games, period!! This Iceland game kinda reminds me of the game against Estonia in Talinn for the EC qualifiers, I just hope we can score early and not have to bite all our nails off like I did during that game.

·
Registered
69,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know, usually what they did was have the lowest quality team (in this case Malta) play in Varazdin, the second lowest (in this case Iceland) play in Osijek and the rest in Zagreb.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts