Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Colo Colo
97,361 Posts
Wont waste a second of my time with this Match, if it turns out a decent one..Youtube will fill me in . . . .

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
These are the types of games that look bad a priori but that are often quite entertaining. Both teams playing for everything here. Iran - Wales in the same category.

Senegal clear favorites but this is Qatar's biggest chance to get something from their WC.

·
Registered
49,409 Posts
I'm watching this. Qatar looks pretty decent, tbh. Should have had a pen imo when Afif was knocked over from behind. Senegal's goal came from a horrendous, botched clearance by the Qatari defender in his area. Basically laid it on a plate. Should be 1-1 but Qatar has been the better side.

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Pretty shit game ultimately, so many teams look decent but toothless

·
Registered
74,705 Posts
I'm watching this. Qatar looks pretty decent, tbh. Should have had a pen imo when Afif was knocked over from behind. Senegal's goal came from a horrendous, botched clearance by the Qatari defender in his area. Basically laid it on a plate. Should be 1-1 but Qatar has been the better side.
Qatar the better side how?

Senegal totally dominated the first half.

Qatar only started playing in the last half an hour after Senegal scored their 2nd. Mendy was on vacation for the first hour.

Not a pk. I initially thought it was but watch again closely, Akram Afif stretches/moves/dangles his right leg towards Sarr to initiate the contact.

·
Registered
49,409 Posts
Senegal wasn't adventurous enough in the 1st half, imo. I thought the better surges came from Qatar. Senegal's midfield were too spaced and I'm certain that most of the battles in midfield went in favour of Qatar (tackles, turnovers). I missed the early part of the 2nd half but I thought Senegal was easily the dominant side there even if the pundits thought otherwise.

For the pen incident, leg aside, Sarr just bundled into him. Yeah, Afif was probably looking for it too but it's still more of a pen than not, imo.

·
Registered
74,705 Posts
Sarr bundled into Afif sure, no one can deny there was contact, but contact happened after Afif moved his right leg intentionally towards Sarr to initiate said contact.

Qatar had 0 chances and 0 meaningful attacking play in the first hour, they started to attack and improved after Senegal made it two. Not really good enough to start playing at 2 down, and naturally Senegal at 2 up would think more of keeping the result anyhow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts