·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26/03/05 Turkey - Albania
Ref. Konrad Plautz (Austria)

30/03/05 Greece - Albania
Ref. Bernar Lajek (France)

2 difficult games, hard to say that we might get positive results.
In these games is expected to return Elvin Beqiri who was suspended, and Besnik Hasi. Finally seems that we will have all the defenders ready.
I would personaly like to see these 4 attackers invited for upcoming matches: Erjon Bogdani, Florian Myrtaj, Igli Tare and Hamdi Salihi. I guess its time Brigel invites this young guy and get rid of Rraklli and Bushi bcz they will not play football forever.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Nihat is out of the season, so maybe we are spared two goals against Turkey. Well since Fatmir Vata is out of the question for Briegel, and Bushi & Rraklli play in our league, it's really time for Salihi to be called(hopefully he'll continue to play like he has and start scoring).

As far as any positive results, I have my hopes down, but you never know though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Like always, I am sceptical.
I will wait for the matches to finish, and then I will comment. :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Do you guys know any tv channel who will show this matches?

I currently know that Top-channel will show Turkey-Albania 29th of March..as for the others i dont know.
I hope too that Brigel call up Salihi.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Man, after that Ukraine match, the interest in the NT has fallen it seems. I hope they provide a new spark in their next match.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Time for another's view.........

I'm not sure how you'll fare against Turkey, but we would be expecting a difficult game against you due to the rivalry concept. On paper we should win, but then that was the case last time was it not? :googly:

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say so if we'r playin in Albania, but in Greece I personaly dont expect positive result.

Id go there all defansive, try counterattacks.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yeah me too,thinkin that on these matches we will have Hasi,Murati,Beqiri and Aliaj in his best form,lets hope Salihi too.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
I think Albania has a great shot at beating Greece you beat them once so your players will have the confidence to do it again and i hope you do beat them, good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
It will be tough! :)
It surely will be tought...especially in Athens. But, that might be our chance for a win or a draw. We are not so stressed with the imperative of winning a game like Turkey and Greece are.
Well...we`ll see.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Albania and Costa Rica to play World Cup qualifiers behind closed doors
9 March 2005
by FIFA
Albania must play their next two 2006 FIFA World Cup™ home qualifying matches, against Georgia (4 June 2005) and Kazakhstan (3 September 2005), behind closed doors. This decision was taken by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee (chair: Marcel Mathier, Switzerland) on 4 March in the light of various incidents during the World Cup qualifying match between Albania and Ukraine in Tirana on 9 February. The committee also imposed the same sanction on Costa Rica for their next home qualifying match, against Panama on 26 March 2005. Furthermore, the Albanian and Costa Rican football associations have fined CHF 40,000 and CHF 20,000 respectively. These decisions were communicated on 8 March 2005.
According to the reports submitted by the referee and the match commissioner of the Albania v. Ukraine match on 9 February, supporters of the home team threw various objects, including bottles of water, lighters, coins and flagpoles onto the pitch. A number of flares were also lit and fans stormed the pitch at the end of the match. The security staff in place also failed to act in the appropriate manner. In a decision dated 26 October 2004, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee had fined the Football Association of Albania the sum of CHF 14,000 for similar incidents and warned that more severe sanctions would be imposed in the event of further violations.
(fifa.com)

Ja shkerdhesha motren ne pidh fifes!

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I also heard the news. wtf is up with fifa?

Cju beri Shqiperia mo tju qifsha motrat
e di une is e do FIFA, ti shkosh atje te zyra e ti vesh ndo nji bombe tja u qish robt, ose ti shkoj bini me ndonje avion ti hedhi ne ere fare.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
This suckers just saw that in all the home matches so far there has been a full stadium with great atmosphere as compared to Kazakhstan or Georgia etc where the stadiums are empty. And wait, what do we do now? We make them play behind closed doors. Pathetic. Where the fucck is the ban for Greece, they frigging killed people.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lets focus in 2 upcoming matches. I dont worry for Kazakstan, Georgia is a problem.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Benny said:
Where the fucck is the ban for Greece, they frigging killed people.
i totally agree with you here Benny, it's absolutely disgusting that a country that took 300 peoplese to hospital,7 with live-damages and one dead just because they lost a game? can still play in their "Karaisaki-Stadium".

But hey! it wasn't the greeks fault, it was the "albanians" who started all this trouble beacuse they were screaming out their joy in the "wrong" Country, just like the greeks did after the win against Portugal in the EC and this was not a qualification-game this was the final of the EC and the greeks went screaming and yelling in the middle of Portugals capital Lissabon without having to fear their life.

I rember when i saw this game against Ukraine, it was in the end of the game and it was a guy who looked kind of like a spion who saw some buttels getting throwed out from the crowd. He immediately started noting what happened, and god knows whatever more he wrote to make it look like it was a "battlefield" going on in the field.

No one was injured, no one was feared to leave the stadium, no one did get damages!!!

So why all this? beacuse of the big giant flag? beacuse of the albanians EUPHORIA? or just because you simply don't have the guts to do this to countries like Spain,England,France et.c who are all connected to racism,vandalism et.c in their stadiums.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What are you guys talking about?? 300 people?? Get serious please...

There was only one albanian that got killed and that was by a drunk tourist in Zakynthos, miles away from tirana where the game took place... There were some fights between albanians and Greeks but that was because some albanians were not only celebrating but were extremely provoking too and had the bad luck to encounter some nationalistic groups. Overall most albanians were celebrating peacefully and without fear and I saw plenty of them with my own eyes. Speaking of fights I don't want to imagine what would had happened if the Greeks in Northern Epirus were out celebrating a Greece's victory inside tirana...
And to punish a country for a few incidents that happened after a game which took place in another country is by far the most stupid thing I heard this month.
Karaiskaki crowd has given lessons of behaviour and supporting: Passionate singing, dancing and chanting for their champions, not a single bottle and coin was ever thrown, never the crowd stormed the pitch, and most of all they never disrespect other national anthems..

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.