Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BARCELONA, May 22 (DS) - Barcelona FC defender Carles Puyol has rejected a contract extension, Sport reported.
The Catalan club offered him a two-year contract plus a 300.000 euros add-on.
After four months of negotiations, Puyol's agent Ramon Sostres told Barca that the defender turned down their 'ridiculous' proposal.
Puyol's salary is one of the lowest in the club, despite the fact that the newly appointed manager Van Gaal stressed that such players are of vital importance for Barcelona.
The Spaniard, valued at 24 million euros, has good offers from Manchester United and Juventus. However, it is unlikely that the English and Italian giants will dole out the cash for Puyol.
note: from dailysoccer.com

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think that barca must catch this player by all there hands..
coz he is from the best player in the world in his place...
and plz gaspart increase the salary of puyol...we really need him...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i think barça and puyol will arrive soon a deal because barça knows how good is him, and puyol loves barça.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Puyol has every right to reject an embarassing offer from Barca. He is one of the lowest paid on the team and he is the one who has played the best, without a doubt. Reizeger makes twice as much as he does. How can they not give him at least as much as him. He should be making the most of any spanish player in our team without question. I believe they will reach an agreement at some point, i think he is being treated poorly because he comes from the cantera and the directors think these guys will just play for free while the guys who don't play at all make all of the money.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Puyol deserve to have a big salary...because he is one of the top five defenders in the world..

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
It´d be a dissaster if Puyol left. And I can´t beleive that Gaspart is so stupid that he hasn´t relized that.

Puyol says in todays Sport that he´ll listen to every offer in the world, but also stated that it would be very difficult to leave Barcelona.

I understand him since he deserves a good contract. Not the one he has now, which means he has the lowest salary in the squad. For exampel Overmars erans fourth times as much.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
dont worry if puyol goes van gaal has his good old buudy reizeger.

but seriously if he goes im turning my back on the barcelona management until bassat comes.

you would of thought he would learn from figo

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i think i would cry if puyol went to madrid !

serious tho, i'm starting to worry, barca have been stalling the contract and apperently moggi wants puyol bad.... and this guy has a history of paying his players extravagant wages....

needless to say, it would be adisaster if he left.... :(

·
Registered
879 Posts
its already a disaster if the quotes I read are true.

he said he would consider a move to real madrid!!!!!

barc,a getting no respect. just shows you how far the club has fallen when players can come out and say these things...

there was a time when a player would dare not criticize barc,a.

puyol leaving might actually be a good thing for the team, because it would likely mean a new prez.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
That´d be absolute horror.
I don´t think I´d be able to follow next year´s La Liga with Puyol in white. Not without puking. :yuck:

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
I heard that before about Figo, he's a loyal player, he wouldnt go... ;) :D I as a Real Fan would love to see Puyol with the white, i think it would suit him more :cool: I was just mentioning a while ago in this forum about a swap between Salgado and Puyol, LOL :) seems like Gaspart liked the idea.... maybe Gaspart = Robban? :) anyway guys relax, each president promised not to touch each other's players, remember? i wouldnt mind perez braking that promise,
WOULDNT MIND SEE THIS:

Real Madrid:

------------------Casillas-------------------------

--Puyol-----Hierro----Lucio--------R.Carlos---

----------Helguera------Makelele---------------

--Figo-------------Raul---------------Zidane----

-----------------Luque/Mori/Crespo-------------

Barcelona:

-------------------Bonano--------------------------

--Reiziger---Andersson--De Boer---Sergi-----

---------------Xavi--Van Bommel------------------

---Geovanni-----------------------------Rivaldo---

--------------Saviola---Crespo/Kluivert-----------

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think Gaspart have to cut his own salary to find that millions to pay Puyol. And he has to do that begging the guy to stay here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think Puyol is just putting some pressure on the Management. He and his agent are probably hoping for a successful WC, where Puyols value would increase and Barca would have to give him a reasonable salary.

I dont think for a moment that he would join RM, no way!

(although he would perfectly fill the void after Ivan Campo, with that hairdo...)

G

·
Puyol should become the highest paid player in the club along with Xavi. They should both earn more than any of these foreign players (overmars, reiziger, de boar etc.) that are paid bulk and are inconsistent, past their prime and are not half the players that these young spanish stars are.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ahh, but you have Van Gaal as coach now and Puyol is Catalan, not Dutch :D . This will prove if Van Gaal is smart or whether he'll play (and pay) a Dutch player over a domestic one.

If he does let Puyol go to Madrid (or anywhere else) you will have a very long and painful season(s?) in the future.

VB Baarseloona anyone? :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Puyol Considers New Contract Offer From Barça
News Archive

Catch me if you can (Allsport)
05/25/2002. Barcelona Director General Xavier Pérez Farguell and Carles Puyol's agent, Ramón Sostres, met this Friday to discuss improvements to the player's contract. Farguell said that the meeting had been "pretty good", whilst Sostres told reporters that the two sides would meet again next week, but that the differences were "relatively minor", according to the Catalan giants website.

soccerage

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
In 2000 VG preferred Puyol over Reiziger. Ever since Puyol became stronger and Reiziger weaker. Now what do you think VG will do now?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Mulgo said:
Puyol should become the highest paid player in the club along with Xavi. They should both earn more than any of these foreign players (overmars, reiziger, de boar etc.) that are paid bulk and are inconsistent, past their prime and are not half the players that these young spanish stars are.
I am whith on that 100%

JF

1 - 20 of 20 Posts