Xtratime Community banner

Puyols parnter should be?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After today's performance of our centre defenders, i thought that Puyol finally found his partner in defence, Pablo Ibanez. In recent years, we tried to partner Puyol with Marchena, Helguera, Cesar, Juanito etc. but nothing really impressed. Puyol and Pablo look that they both understand each other perfectly in La Seleccion and could be the face of our defence for the future :star:

Who do you want to partner Puyol?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Cesar and Juanito are just too normal.. They are not very poor, but nor impressive.. Marchena does more than ok. He is fairly good IMO. Since I didn't see much Pablo, I can't compare these two. Helguera... let forget him. He is unstable and often commits mistakes as a CD despite he always plays with heart... At the end of the day, he is not a CD. After years of transformation at the club, he now even can't compete for a place in the midfield.. Pablo should be given chance based on your comment. I can't think of any better CD in this 'defence desert'.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Pablo. He´s good, really good!

Can´t say that Juanito are bad, just really, really ordinary. But he´s good as a backup.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
pablitooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

·
1st Tier Poster
50,172 Posts
There is only one really good CB in Spain and that is Puyol. it doesn't matter much who is his partner, he will still suck compared to Carles. But probably Helguera is the best choice.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Cesar IMO. We all tend to forget that he has been one of the shiny lights in an otherwise bad season for the Riazor outfit.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I voted Marchena!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
arfy05 said:
i voted pablo, but now i'd go for Sergio Ramos, his pace will allow for him to cover fullbacks who can attack even more. :D
Yeah, id pick Sergio too now but when this poll was made Sergio Ramos was barely breaking into the Sevilla team as a right back :D

But now look at him :proud:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
no, puyol and pablo is the best for me.....sergio ramos is good but very young still.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts