Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to un-named inside sources, prototypical renderings of the new national stadium was leaked out on the Internet and I've obtained an idealized version of what is propagating in the Budapest city council's plans for the next decade. If everything goes according to plan, this will be home of Hungarian national football and Olympic quality track-n-field events for the 21st century:

Beautiful isn't it, it's a feast for the eyes. Seating capacity: 65,000 - 80,000+ It's a major Budapest revitalization project on the drawing board but certainly not the largest real estate project in BP. When I have time I'll share with you guys a mega-ultra-modern project in BP - literally a new city within the city - that drawfs any new stadium by comparison. It'll take 8-10 years to built what I'm referring to and is the largest single real estate enterprise ever undertaken in the history of central and eastern Europe worth around 1.25 billion euros. Whoa Nelly! :)

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
will we make a bid for the 2022 world cup then? :D
Joint bid with Slovakia, we'll provide most of the stadia and they'll provide the security teams ;)

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
they r makin tons of stadiums now... FTC is making 1, also MLSZ is making one pretty soon... it'll b about 40,000 capacity and all our home NT games will be played there

·
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out these awesome renderings being conceptualized for Puskas II:

Here are the other concept models:

These are just conceptual prototypes of what can be built on the old site if the matter of city and state funding are met and if there is a strong national push for an all-expense worldclass Olympic venue to host the games. Incredibly beautiful space-age stuff! :shades:

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You'll need binoculars to watch a football game!

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
they r makin tons of stadiums now... FTC is making 1, also MLSZ is making one pretty soon... it'll b about 40,000 capacity and all our home NT games will be played there
MLSZ is making one, besides Puskas II?

It does look great. Its about time, its kind of sad how our NT plays in a stadium thats falling apart.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
yeah i agree. We need like a Old Trafford or like english stadiums. Watching the action closer

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
as I said before, we are going to have some new stadium 35000-40000 which will be STRICTLY for football. It's going to be located in Budapest, and it should be built soon. All of our NT games will be played there, and all Liga Kupa, Nemzeti Kupa, Szuper Kupa and Magyar Kupa finals, also I think youth games as well.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
don't get all excited, these designs have been around for years. made for our most recent doomed Euro bid. At least 3 years, i'd say.

And they won't ever be built. There's no money for any of this.

Heck, they haven't even decided if they want to renovate Népstadion or tear it down completely.

Right now, the aforementioned 30,000 seater is much more likely to happen, but only if MLSZ can find partners to finance it. That's why they are talking to different clubs right now. Still,i wouldn't really call that a sure thing either.

I do think the Fradi stadium will be built and obviously the one in Gyor, but that may be it for a while

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
yes Joe , it's right, all these plans are around several years, but no money... the MLSZ partnered up with a sports management group, who said the only way the costs can be recovered is that 30.000 only for football but the idea of sharing it with a club would be the best way imo
right now there isn't enough money to demolish the Puskás stadion, let alone renovating or building a new one :(
2 things are pretty sure, Budapest can't afford 2 big stadiums, so they must choose one, and the new but smaller stadium won't stand in the place of the Puskás stadion between Keleti pu. and the Papp László aréna
the new stadium won't be good enough for a CL or UEFA final but we could host U tournaments

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
the MLSZ wanted 2 build one with Fradi but they said no, they want their own stadium not a shared one

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I think there should be an assorted Hungarian Football News thread, where people can post articles they want to discuss or find interesting and cannot fit into any other thread, so they don't cluster the forum with them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts