Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last obstacle, in order to reach our 10th Champions League Final :shades: is Eindhoven. After our 2-0 win in San Siro, Ancelotti&Co know that it will be tough, but that late goal scored by JDT :shades: possibly will grant us a cushion that we should defend with the last energy reserves our players have left :stress:
The lineup could be the following:

---------------------------------Dida

Billy--------------------Nesta------------Stam---------Maldini

--------------------------------Pirlo

Gattuso--------------------------------------------Seedorf

--------------------------------Kaka

------------------------Sheva---------Crespo

It's our 9th game since the 6th April :googly:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Billy ahead of Cafu? :confused:

Are we going to Eindhoven with a strict defend first policy? :scared: Or is Carletto resting his tired legs ahead of the Juve match? :undecide:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I guess Cafu could do with a break but he does have a bit more pace. We don't really have anyone else to play at right back instead of Cafu except Billy and Simic (that's something for the summer though...).

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ilgenio said:
Billy ahead of Cafu? :confused:

Are we going to Eindhoven with a strict defend first policy? :scared: Or is Carletto resting his tired legs ahead of the Juve match? :undecide:
The lineup is just a rumour for now, I'll keep my ears wide open.
We may even field a X-Mas tree formation.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyway, how would the respected members of The Devilhood field the team? :stuckup:

Still from Milan vs PSV (2-0) 1993 :shades:
IL Genio Savicevic :cool:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
X-Mas tree to get back the balance as the ship is wobbly in the last two games. We need balance to get back the momentum for the last and final push. Turn to the letter X. :stuckup:

-----------------------Black Spider II----------------------
-
--Heatseeker----Alexander------Iron Man-----Captain Fantastic-
-
-------Warrior----------Architect-------Gunship-------
-
-------------------Kaka--------Concord-------------
-
----------------------Stealth Bomber-----------------

I don't have a nickname for Kaka right now. I'll put in one later on. Tommor and Crespo from the bench.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Haroon said:
X-Mas tree to get back the balance as the ship is wobbly in the last two games. We need balance to get back the momentum for the last and final push. Turn to the letter X. :stuckup:

-----------------------Black Spider II----------------------
-
--Heatseeker----Alexander------Iron Man-----Captain Fantastic-
-
-------Warrior----------Architect-------Gunship-------
-
-------------------Kaka--------Concord-------------
-
----------------------Stealth Bomber-----------------

I don't have a nickname for Kaka right now. I'll put in one later on. Tommor and Crespo from the bench.
Payman should be helpful their :stuckup:

I wouldn't be surprised if Carletto fields a X-Mas tree :stuckup:

However, we are in the same position of Euroderby leg 2 :shades:
If we score 1, PSV needs to score 4.
Theirfore, if we do indeed score 1 :hopefull: we can then start focusing, and eventually taking it easy, cause next Sunday we face Juve :stress:

Time for Haroonics here :stuckup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Haroon said:
I don't have a nickname for Kaka right now..
I'll happily let you know what Kaka means in many Scandavanian languages

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
Payman should be helpful their :stuckup:

I wouldn't be surprised if Carletto fields a X-Mas tree :stuckup:

However, we are in the same position of Euroderby leg 2 :shades:
If we score 1, PSV needs to score 4.
Theirfore, if we do indeed score 1 :hopefull: we can then start focusing, and eventually taking it easy, cause next Sunday we face Juve :stress:

Time for Haroonics here :stuckup:
You sure do know how to surf the net! :eekani: :D

The Stealth Bomber has scored in every single CL game in the San Siro that he has played in! :cool: In the Bomber we trust! The world's greatest striker today! The best of his generation. :shades: We'll get the goal. What we need is possession. PSV was good in the first touch and as per norm of a Hiddink side ... great in work rate with lots of running. They burned us on the flanks and played really wide to spread us out. The only way to counter that is to keep hold of the ball.

Bring the X-Mas tree. It is the best cure for Milan when times get rough. The magic medicine prescribed by the Devil himself. :devil:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haroon said:
You sure do know how to surf the net! :eekani: :D

The Stealth Bomber has scored in every single CL game in the San Siro that he has played in! :cool: In the Bomber we trust! The world's greatest striker today! The best of his generation. :shades: We'll get the goal. What we need is possession. PSV was good in the first touch and as per norm of a Hiddink side ... great in work rate with lots of running. They burned us on the flanks and played really wide to spread us out. The only way to counter that is to keep hold of the ball.

Bring the X-Mas tree. It is the best cure for Milan when times get rough. The magic medicine prescribed by the Devil himself. :devil:
But maybe starting with 2 strikers would allow us to grab that vital goal :undecide:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
But maybe starting with 2 strikers would allow us to grab that vital goal :undecide:
Do we need that vital away goal? :angel: I'll take the 0-0 and move on to a historic 10th final. If PSV want to qualify then they will have to score 3 goals to advance or 2 goals and penalties. In other words we will have to concede as many goals in one game as we have conceded in the entire competition so far to go out IF we don't score.

We don't need to sit in our shell and defend recklessly. We need to keep the ball and wear them down mentally to commit a mistake which they will.

I'm all for the X-Mas tree formation. Put Rui or preferably Serginho alongside Kaka with the bomber up front.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haroon said:
Do we need that vital away goal? :angel: I'll take the 0-0 and move on to a historic 10th final. If PSV want to qualify then they will have to score 3 goals to advance or 2 goals and penalties. In other words we will have to concede as many goals in one game as we have conceded in the entire competition so far to go out IF we don't score.

We don't need to sit in our shell and defend recklessly. We need to keep the ball and wear them down mentally to commit a mistake which they will.

I'm all for the X-Mas tree formation. Put Rui or preferably Serginho alongside Kaka with the bomber up front.
However should we conceed an early goal, things will get hot :scared:
With 2 strikers we could play with the conviction of having to score a goal.

In the Euroderby it worked :stuckup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
However should we conceed an early goal, things will get hot :scared:
With 2 strikers we could play with the conviction of having to score a goal.

In the Euroderby it worked :stuckup:
That was Inter. Good old Inter. :D We need to play a 5 man midfield to counter PSV's midfield that got the man advantage in the first leg. If we have to play with two strikers then Crespo/Tomasson would have to be the target man with Sheva playing a little more deeper.

Vennegoor of Hesselink will start IMO. PSV might switch to two strikers due to that with Farfan alongside him and Park in the hole. Our diamond formation can work that way. I'd still prefer the X-Mas tree for now. ;) I'll think about it and give my final verdict in the preview tomorrow night. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haroon said:
That was Inter. Good old Inter. :D We need to play a 5 man midfield to counter PSV's midfield that got the man advantage in the first leg. If we have to play with two strikers then Crespo/Tomasson would have to be the target man with Sheva playing a little more deeper.

Vennegoor of Hesselink will start IMO. PSV might switch to two strikers due to that with Farfan alongside him and Park in the hole. Our diamond formation can work that way. I'd still prefer the X-Mas tree for now. ;) I'll think about it and give my final verdict in the preview tomorrow night. ;)
We shall see what Carletto will do :stuckup:

P.S. Both DaMarcus Beasley and Jefferson Farfán could miss the match due to injury.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
We shall see what Carletto will do :stuckup:

P.S. Both DaMarcus Beasley and Jefferson Farfán could miss the match due to injury.
The Terminator knows what to do. :thmbup: I'll trust his judgement.

I think one of Beasley or Farfan will start. I think the latter has the greater chance. Vennegoor of Hesselink will be the other striker.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haroon said:
The Terminator knows what to do. :thmbup: I'll trust his judgement.

I think one of Beasley or Farfan will start. I think the latter has the greater chance. Vennegoor of Hesselink will be the other striker.
My mistake:

This is the injury list:

Ooijer suspended
Wilfred Bouma, Ji-Sung Park and Robert de Pinho de Souza all missed the match through injury and only Park looks likely to play on Wednesday. And with André Ooijer suspended, coach Guus Hiddink has plenty to ponder as he looks to reverse a 2-0 first-leg deficit

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ooijer is the right back. PSV is solid due to Gomes (GK), Bouma (CD), Alex (CD) and Vogel (DM).

If Bouma is absent then it hurts PSV a lot. Hiddink can replace Ooijer as that position is not that important in his team. Van Bommel is on the right and he has that area covered. ;)

Bouma not playing would put tremendous responsibility on Alex and the makeshift. Time will tell whether these injured guys return as PSV has already won the league and this game becomes all-important for them in a way. They are expected to win the Dutch Cup in any case.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haroon said:
Ooijer is the right back. PSV is solid due to Gomes (GK), Bouma (CD), Alex (CD) and Vogel (DM).

If Bouma is absent then it hurts PSV a lot. Hiddink can replace Ooijer as that position is not that important in his team. Van Bommel is on the right and he has that area covered. ;)

Bouma not playing would put tremendous responsibility on Alex and the makeshift. Time will tell whether these injured guys return as PSV has already won the league and this game becomes all-important for them in a way. They are expected to win the Dutch Cup in any case.
So, X-MAS or 2 Strikers? :stuckup:

Anyway, PSV are a very well organized team, we must be very careful.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Diavolo said:
Anyway, how would the respected members of The Devilhood field the team? :stuckup:
---------------------Daddy Long Limbs----------------------

---Express Train-----Colossus------****-----Dragon Heart---

------------------------Movie Director----------------------

---------Braveheart-----------------------Moratti's Gift-----

-----------------Sonic Sound--------Mach 3----------------

--------------------------Golden Ball------------------------

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Haroon said:
That was Inter. Good old Inter.
What the fek are you implying? Inter is Inter. The game is won and lost on the damn pitch, with actual play and tactics. Its anyone's game. Its not as if Inter's so you're meant to win by magic. If Milan players don't show up to play, they will lose. Simple. Stop implying this black magic Inter thing. For 10 years + Inter have not showed up to play on the field. They lose. No superstition no fuked up curse. I want to make that clear.

1 - 20 of 662 Posts