Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSV Eindhoven have been offered Internazionale striker Adrian Mutu for £5.5 million but with a clause that allows the Serie A club to recall him if when want, writes Voetbal International.

PSV are without a top-class striker because of the ongoing injury to Ruud van Nistelrooy and have said Inter’s proposal is unacceptable.

"We would like to buy Mutu but Inter want to be allowed to recall him at a time favourable to themselves," said PSV chairman Harry van Raaij.

"We cannot reach agreement over this issue and Inter will not discuss the possibility of hiring Mutu."

The 21-year-old Romanian, who played threes times in Euro 2000, is seen by many as a successor to Gheorghe Hagi but cannot break into the first team at Inter because of the presence of Ronaldo, Vieri, Zamorano and Sukur.

Van Raaij has not ruled out the possibility of PSV starting their championship defence without a top quality striker.

A proposed bid for Pierre Van Hooijdonk fell through after Van Raaij refused to pay Vitesse Arnhem’s asking price.

"I got the impression that Van Hooijdink had his heart set on another club. His move to Benfica didn’t surprise me," said Van Raaij.

I think that Inter are NOT fair with PSV...:)
Althogh We could only make $ out of this...:)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
well if we can sell him why not sell him we can get a replacement in inzaghi who is a player of that level who is not too good

D

·
0 Posts
Mutu/Zamorano

Is Mutu good enough for PSV? I don't think he is a goal scoring forward, is he? It is hard for me to judge him from The Netherlands.

Around here there was another rumour going that PSV would buy Ivan Zamorano: PSV's press chef is from Chile too.

Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts