Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that PSV will become our 'feeder' club if you like. They will sell players on to us etc, maybe we will give them players :O.

I know we are purchasing Alex from santos for them ofr £7 Million and in two years he will come to Chelsea.

Sounds interetsing, PSV are a big club.. not like Antwerp ;).:yuck:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
polaris said:
ya just read this on Skysports' site. Perhaps Ajax would have been even better :D
Good idea still. Theres a thread about Alex in the Brasilian forum.
I'm happy it isn't Ajax. No hard feeling to Chelsea, but I couldn't live with the idea that we (Ajax) would have to depend on a 'bigger' team (Chelsea) just for the sake of surviving, while Ajax is actually a bigger team than Chelsea (based on history, international succes, and perhaps fanbase). I think it is pretty strange that PSV accepted this, because they admit that they aren't big enough to survive without your help. PSV is just the latest toy of Abramovich and I find that funny to say the least :howler:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure we could strike upa deal with VDV is we ran them ;).

Maybe Robben will come to Chelsea, he's a fine player :eek: .. although his father is a prat.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
The head of a Dutch football magazine just reported that Robben is indeed on his way to Chelsea for 20 M Euro.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
chivu said:
The head of a Dutch football magazine just reported that Robben is indeed on his way to Chelsea for 20 M Euro.
Yeah, just heard the news! :eek:

Apparantly he passed his medical tests about an hour ago and he'll be playing for Chelsea next season.

20 M Euro, how's that for a nothing player, Doc? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Feckers, just saw it on voetbal insite as well. hope derksen is wrong on this one but he says he just had a medical an hour ago and has signed precontract already... will earn more than 100000 euros a week and will be wearing no.11 (bollox I assume, because isn't that duff's number?) according to him :groan:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Robben? i seriously dont see how he is going to fit in at chelsea...the left wing is already covered by duff who is world class and the support striker by mutu/gudi so unless he comes to be benched or someone of duff,mutu,eidur are going to have to be benched..

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JackoTheDon said:
I'm sure we could strike upa deal with VDV is we ran them ;).

Maybe Robben will come to Chelsea, he's a fine player :eek: .. although his father is a prat.

OMG ;O.

There wasn't even any transfer speculation ;O.

Trust me to make the gues son the day he looks like signing :/.

BTW Hasselbaink is likely to fekk off and Robben can play basically anywhere so it's all good.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Have you seen robben play? He can play 'anywhere' really? He's a pure left winger but might be able to play behind the strikers as he's done that well for Groningen back when he was 17 or so... that's about it. And he has no right foot, purely left-footed player although he IS working on it. But you've got yourselves a great leftwinger imo, who will become world class.
Just don't know how he and duff will fit in on the first team sheet. Robben will sit on the bench only for so long... the lad's quite ambitious... same counts for Duff.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I dont see why would anyone need Robben, if he has Duff, Cole, Mutu in the team....
Seems like abramovich thinks its enoguh to buy two dozens of famous players to win the title... ( Moratti sindrome ? )
Beware, its not always good to just buy players without thinking, that can make bad influence in the team, if the players dont play much games, and they just sit on the bench....

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kyo said:
Have you seen robben play? He can play 'anywhere' really? He's a pure left winger but might be able to play behind the strikers as he's done that well for Groningen back when he was 17 or so... that's about it. And he has no right foot, purely left-footed player although he IS working on it. But you've got yourselves a great leftwinger imo, who will become world class.
Just don't know how he and duff will fit in on the first team sheet. Robben will sit on the bench only for so long... the lad's quite ambitious... same counts for Duff.
I've seen Robben play... he could play LMF.. Left Wing.. OMF... FW and probably on the right side aswell, (He has two good feet) so yes ;O. Versatile.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
I've seen Robben play... he could play LMF.. Left Wing.. OMF... FW and probably on the right side aswell, (He has two good feet) so yes ;O. Versatile.
Sorry lad, that's not true. You have bought an extremely talented left winger. He hasn't proven much on other positions even in the dutch league aside of his teenage years at Groningen. Maybe Duff can play right wing, he did that very well against Spain in the world cup if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Kyo said:
Sorry lad, that's not true. You have bought an extremely talented left winger. He hasn't proven much on other positions even in the dutch league aside of his teenage years at Groningen. Maybe Duff can play right wing, he did that very well against Spain in the world cup if I remember correctly...
Reyes and Henry were considered wingers before they came to Arsenal, and now look at them. Robben is young, he can learn to play a new position. He has the raw skills (speed and goal scoring ability) to succeed at striker, and I think that is where he will play for Chelsea.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
The Rage said:
He has the raw skills (speed and goal scoring ability) to succeed at striker, and I think that is where he will play for Chelsea.
That's true, he's got a nice finish and has a knack for scoring goals. That'd be a play, if abramovic doesn't decide to buy 2-3 world class strikers to add to ur squad...

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Robben is a good signing... for anyone but Chelsea. Too many good players to handle. By the time this guy is supposed to have reached his peak, he'll probably be back in Holland. Its a shame for someone who can play LM, LW, LS, OMF, ABC, XYZ and a load of other positions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kyo said:
Duff played upfront I think :O?

He has a better right foot than Duff so out of the two Robben has more chance of playing upfront. But it's true he's either gonna be back up to Duff or a second striker, which he can pull off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Duff played upfront I think :O?

He has a better right foot than Duff so out of the two Robben has more chance of playing upfront. But it's true he's either gonna be back up to Duff or a second striker, which he can pull off.
I've heard that Robben is working on his right foot right now, so I think he'll play right wing. Why are people so uppity about his position (not refering to you Jacko, I'm refering to the haters)? Real got a right winger to play for them despite the fact they have Figo, and that worked out for them didn't it? Footballers are footballers, plain and simple. If you get the best in the world, and they have a good attitude, things will work out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts