Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arjen Robben is the latest PSVer to be linked to a move away from Eindhoven. This time it's Man U according to de telegraaf . Van Raaij said there was a 50% chance of him leaving! he also has said that V Bommel would be well advised to leave at this stage in his career and also Kezman seems to be like on a farewell tour of the Dutch league this season. 3 of PSVs most important players likely to go or at least some of them :eek:

This is exactly like the Feyenoord scenario from last summer. Also PSV has shown their willingness to go after relatively mediocre foreigners like Lee and Park plus their youngsters they bought like Hoogstrate are still too young. Next year will be een overgangsjaar for PSV imo just like us this year, since replacing them immediately is near impossible. If Feyennord continue to mess up, the next few seasons will be a walk in the park for Ajax.

Your opinions? :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I certainly hope so :cool: ;)

But seriously, it seems that Robben will be bought by Man Utd, but that he'll continue to play at PSV for another year.
And then there's another thing, PSV wíll receive money for their players, unlike Feyenoord who gave Bosvelt and Hooydonk away for only €2 mln. So PSV will probably have more money to invest in replacements.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Van Raaij will go at the end of the season, Rob Baan has just been freed by us. See the link ;) :tongue:

Seriously yeah it's true PSV will get more money. Players are younger and they traditionally are better businessmen than what we have at de Kuip (selling Larsson, Boateng and Emerton etc etc for virtually nothing :eek:) but looking in Holland, I honestly don't see another Kezman or Van Bommel walking around. Maybe N'Kufo and someone like Boschaart. In Brugge I do see ideal replacements in Mendoza and Simons for them but the question is whether they'll get offers from clubs from bigger leagues.

Yeah read that too about Robben going back on loan. I find it strange since Robben will need to adapt to the English game and going back to PSV won't help plus he imo. is better than showman Ronaldo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
van Bommel is advised to leave, but nobody wants him:howler: he stayed too long in Holland, and no big club sees anything in this 27-year-old, who isn't even that good.

it would be good if robben was let to develop another year with psv, and giggs can still play on the left at manchester. at 19, it's too soon to go to united i think. but that ronaldo is also 19 isn't he?
anyway, i think robben should sharpen his mentality a little bit before he goes to england. you know, the diving, the theatrics, should be removed before he's ready for the big time.

i wish feyenoord a lot of success at finding another technical director who is as good as van gaal or arnesen :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think there is a possibility that PSV will have an "overgangsjaar" but perhaps they won't. You see, Feyenoord didn't have any suitable talents in the youth teams to replace all the key players that left but I think PSV do have a few replacements in hand.
If Kezman leaves, it will make room for one of the biggest talents around - Johan Vonlanthan. We've only seen flashes of him so far, so not enough to judge him fully yet. Full games is what he needs, so a departure of Kezman is ideal in that sense.
Hoogstrate can replace Robben. But then again, Man Utd will probably leave Robben with PSV another season, which means Robben will at least play the rest of this season and the first half of next season with us should United buy him in January.
Hoogstrate has been suffering from mild depression I think, but most recently Iv'e heard that he is on the way up again. Then there is als Velasco and Leandro, one who has been hampered by injury, but without doubt has the talent.
At the moment van Bommel's place looks weak should he go. Lucius is simply an average player, who will never get higher than PSV, but has replaced van Bommel well while he was injured. But I think it's merely a spell, and Lucius couldn't consistently hold this kind of form. And van der Schaaf is really poor. I don't know why we have him, but he can go back to Vitesse for all I care. He has a nice long-range shot, but that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A transfer that may happen if Van Bommel goes is Cocu going back to Eindhoven! he'd kinda fit the needs. As for real big clubs wanting Van Bommel, that remains a question. The big clubs in Italy and England have no problems in midfield. Only option for him would be either Newcastle or Barcelona since they have dodgy ones and have enough cash to get him.

Meanwhile Robbens dad has denied that there's been contact between his son and Man U about an invitation for a meeting this weekend. Apparantly Robben will stay if PSV gets experienced players and thats how I got the Cocu to PSV idea. Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season too at Barca? so he'll come for free too!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wally said:
A transfer that may happen if Van Bommel goes is Cocu going back to Eindhoven! he'd kinda fit the needs. As for real big clubs wanting Van Bommel, that remains a question. The big clubs in Italy and England have no problems in midfield. Only option for him would be either Newcastle or Barcelona since they have dodgy ones and have enough cash to get him.

Meanwhile Robbens dad has denied that there's been contact between his son and Man U about an invitation for a meeting this weekend. Apparantly Robben will stay if PSV gets experienced players and thats how I got the Cocu to PSV idea. Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season too at Barca? so he'll come for free too!
barcelona desperately need a creative midfielder. a guy that can pull all the strings. i think they are more after somebody like van der vaart instead of the physically stronger but technically and tactically weaker van bommel.
i am not too sure bout newcastle's midfield, but i don't think they have too much problems with solano and speed in midfield.
i can see van bommel going to a club like rangers of celtic. but also middlebrough or aston villa. but i doubt something like that will still happen over the winterbreak.

i think the psv midfield is physically weaker with cocu - vogel combo instead of a vbommel - vogel duo. cocu has been saying here and there that he "do see something" in a return to eindhoven. but i think oyu shouldn't keep your hopes up too much. barca to psv is a pretty big step down, remember that, and it's clear thta cocu's tyres are almost worn out. wouldn't be surprised if he called it completely quits after euro 2004.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, it is a possibility Cocu will do the same like Numan and call it a day.

As for Newcastles midfield, Speed is nearing his mid 30s and Solano is a winger who is currently on the bench. This leaving Jenas, Dyer, Robert and Bowyer. Well actually looking at it, they won't need Van Bommel :eek:

Rangers and Celtic wont be able to afford him, certainly Rangers who have massive debts so which club is still left? :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Kluivert said:
Hoogstrate as winger? :howler:
Hoogstrate might be mentally ill, but that still doesn't make him a real winger, but he might be a nice option for Bayern to replace Deisler in the future. ;)

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chivu said:
Hoogstrate might be mentally ill, but that still doesn't make him a real winger, but he might be a nice option for Bayern to replace Deisler in the future. ;)
:mad: :mad:

:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
isn't hoogstrate left-footed? if he isn't, then indeed it wouldn't make much sense to replace him with robben. it's useless having a righty on a lefty position. just look at sikora :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
neither was robben initially, but look at him now. I think hiddink definitely sees a winger role for hoogstrate coz he will have it tough competing for a central midfield position.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Hoodstrate is right-footed, and has been used on the right-side of midfield. Not a classic winger who goes to the by-line and looks for a cross, more of a player who drifts inside and looks to set somebody up.
For that reason, he is a playmaker by nature :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I don't think Hoogstrate has the acceleration and pace to be a winger.
Robben was already a winger when he arrived at PSV, although he used to play more central at Groningen.

I always thought he was more of a defensive mid...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Robben a defensive midfielder? um, ok....:rolleyes: :eek:

not sure where hoogstrate is fit for. looks kind like surplus to requirements i'd say. if he didn't have those mental problems he'd probably been bench sitter for half a season.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Nah, Kluivert means Hoogstrate with his comment about the defensive midfielder. Although more one like Vogel then and not a tackler like Vd Schaaf.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts